Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum

Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum (http://www.notesfromspain.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forum Admin and News (http://www.notesfromspain.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Upcoming changes to the forum! (http://www.notesfromspain.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3840)

Ben 1st November 2007 12:25 PM

Upcoming changes to the forum!

Hi everyone, Marina and I are having a big 'refocus' session this week, and you'll be seeing a few changes here in the forum. Mostly this will just be in the way the forum sections are named, but a couple of the forum sections will merge. We'd like your ideas before we do anything, so feel free to chime in below.

First of all, we feel that there are just too many forum sections, and that merging some will not in any way harm the level of forum activity. Gastronomy, for example, will merge with Spain Culture. And it is likely that Learning Spanish and 'en espaņol' will also merge, probably with the Spanish video blogs section too, to keep all the 'Learning Spanish' subjects in one big area.

Finally, one of the biggest sections of the forum is the 'off topic' area - in that case, it shouldn't be called 'off topic' like it was a throw away area of the forum! So, a new name for the 'Everything else' section of the forum is in order. Any thoughts? I thought 'Life as we know it', or just 'Beyond Spain'...

ValenciaSon 1st November 2007 12:28 PM

How about El Rastro?

eldeano 1st November 2007 12:33 PM

The Wild Beyond

Not in Spanish

If You Can't Think Of Anywhere Else To Put It, This Is The Place For It. ;)

tad 1st November 2007 12:37 PM

hmmm.....pretty much like I suggested 10 months ago then
(except that I wanted some LOST sections).

eldeano 1st November 2007 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephant Memory Man (Post 36048)
hmmm.....pretty much like I suggested 10 months ago then

Don't sulk.

Quote:

(except that I wanted some LOST sections).
I have good news - a LOST forum site - more sections than you can shake a palo at. Now you won't have to post all that nonsense on here. :thumbs-up: ;D

Palmerito 1st November 2007 05:01 PM

I like "the Rastro", too. But how about "This, That, and the Other"

Jon Hundt 1st November 2007 05:07 PM

here Ben, this is totally off topic: I like your avatar but your description should be Aspiring Guitar Hero - the power of positive thinking, you know...

Ben 1st November 2007 05:50 PM

Good idea Jon, done :)

Ben 2nd November 2007 06:51 PM

Changes complete for now, hope all this makes sense!

Chiny 3rd November 2007 08:51 AM

Did a few threads get zapped in the process as I am (almost) sure my posts count has reduced by 3ish and my last post has gone missing.

Ben 3rd November 2007 09:15 AM

No posts should have gone missing, and post counts should be the same... ah, actually, I did delete the 'coming soon' post in the GME section, as it was no longer relevant, and I think you had posted there once. sorry! Hope you are coming!

Palmerito 3rd November 2007 02:53 PM

I like the title "Life, the Universe and Everything Else". Did that come from Douglas Adams' "Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy" book of the same name? One of my all time favourite book series.

ValenciaSon 3rd November 2007 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palmerito (Post 36193)
I like the title "Life, the Universe and Everything Else". Did that come from Douglas Adams' "Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy" book of the same name? One of my all time favourite book series.

Don't forget to bring your toalla,

Palmerito 3rd November 2007 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValenciaSon (Post 36194)

... and Don't Panic :)

gary 3rd November 2007 06:10 PM

Quote:

The answer to life the universe and everything in it is 42, according to Mr Adams.

Ben 3rd November 2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

I like the title "Life, the Universe and Everything Else". Did that come from Douglas Adams' "Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy" book of the same name?

Yes :)

richardksa 3rd November 2007 07:04 PM

The improbability factor of it coming from anywhere else being infinate. :cool:

Elvis 3rd November 2007 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValenciaSon (Post 36194)

Will a pack of paņuelos do? :p

Infinitely.

ValenciaSon 6th November 2007 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis (Post 36215)
Will a pack of paņuelos do? :p Infinitely.

No because positive changes are coming your way so no need to be a paranoid android.;)