Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum

Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum (http://www.notesfromspain.com/forums/index.php)
-   A nice place for new members to say hello (http://www.notesfromspain.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Hola de la Región de los Lagos (http://www.notesfromspain.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11548)

Harry Lime 3rd October 2010 08:00 PM

Hola de la Región de los Lagos

Hi all

As yet I don't have the confidence to write in Spanish as I have only been learning for about 2-3 months. Even though as I'm writing this, I am translating the words to Spanish, just nowhere close to fluent! Anyways; I just wanted to say thanks to Ben and Marina for their hard work; this is proving to be an invaluable resource for myself. The reason I have started learning is because my brother lived and worked in Spain for a year and a half and came back to England fairly fluent. I have not long finished Uni and have always wanted to learn Spanish, so now have the time in which to dedicate myself. I am pretty much immersing myself in all things Spanish in my spare time; reading Spanish books and websites; listening to Spanish-speaking music; reading grammar books; listening to the podcasts; speaking with my brother and even changing the settings on all my portable devices as to only display the Spanish language text. This way I learnt another Falsos Amigo by way of my MP3 player; Carpeta - which means Folder in Spanish!

Finally; my real name isn't Harry Lime. Some of you probably know that Harry Lime is the character out of The Third Man; the book series as translated by Orson Welles. I use it all the time when I post on social networks. If I could go back and choose my name again I would call myself El Hombre Tercero.

Okay, that's all for the time being, speak soon.

Harry

Margot 3rd October 2010 08:33 PM

Hola "Tercer Hombre" :cool: y bienvenido
Tu manera de estudiar me parece perfecto.
Y con tanto ánimo de mejorar tu español.....¡alcanzarás el nivel de tu hermano dentro de poco!

evita13 3rd October 2010 09:02 PM

Hi, Harry! I love the music in that movie! I would like to ask you something, you said you are studing at University, I'm trying to get a scholarship to do a Master in Spanish. Do you know is any internet link to know about international scholarships at American Universities? I hope you aprendas mucho español en esta página, un saludo.:)

Harry Lime 17th October 2010 04:19 PM

Sorry, for the dealy, I don't have regular Internet access...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margot (Post 92529)
Hola "Tercer Hombre" :cool: y bienvenido
Tu manera de estudiar me parece perfecto.
Y con tanto ánimo de mejorar tu español.....¡alcanzarás el nivel de tu hermano dentro de poco!

Gracias para las palabras simpático :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by evita13 (Post 92530)
you said you are studing at University, I'm trying to get a scholarship to do a Master in Spanish. Do you know is any internet link to know about international scholarships at American Universities?

Unfortunately, I am not studying at Univerity. I have took it upon myself to learn independently by way of a computer course; reading grammar book and Spanish language story books; speaking with my brother etc.

Sorry, but I don't know of any links to help you.