Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum

Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum (http://www.notesfromspain.com/forums/index.php)
-   Notes from Spain Podcast Comments (http://www.notesfromspain.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Advice to better manage my fab NIS podcasts? (http://www.notesfromspain.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9793)

Chrisneal 28th October 2009 06:18 PM

Advice to better manage my fab NIS podcasts?
 
Hi,
Having listened to the free NIS Beginners podcasts I decided to purchase the whole lot (Ben's guarantee helped me decide). My issue with many podcasts is how to manage them properly in iTunes as they seem to get jumbled and also the naming convention is not consistent.

So apologies if not correct part of forum but if anyone has advice on how I can better manage all the downloads then please drop me a note. (I use 2nd Gen iPOD Touch 32GB, and iTunes, Windows PC)

I am slowly making my way through the podcasts and PDF's which really help. Ben and Marina have put a lot of effort in to them and I think they are some of the best material out there.

Gracias,

Chris.

richardksa 28th October 2009 07:36 PM

As regards the naming convention, the answer is simple. Rename all the files on your computer. I did and now they come up in sequence on my Creative Zen player. (Superior to I-things in all ways!)

La Vaquera 29th October 2009 03:39 PM

Oh, DUH! Why didn't I think of that before?! Thanks.

Chrisneal 13th November 2009 04:42 PM

iTUNES rename for NIS podcasts
 
Hi Richard,
Thanks for reply. Not sure I can do that in iTUNES as does not seem to allow actual podcast name to be changed although you can adjust the info section. Just messes up again if you live update. Also lost all the artwork so hard to tell one podcast from another on my iTOUCH now.

Do you know of any superior programms?

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardksa (Post 82504)
As regards the naming convention, the answer is simple. Rename all the files on your computer. I did and now they come up in sequence on my Creative Zen player. (Superior to I-things in all ways!)


richardksa 13th November 2009 05:58 PM

Never place your trust in Apple. That's what Eve did, and then looked what happened. Buy a new player, preferably a creative!!;)

Acosta 17th November 2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardksa (Post 83039)
Never place your trust in Apple. That's what Eve did, and then looked what happened. Buy a new player, preferably a creative!!;)

Unix , LIVE free or die, sorry been in the IT field for too long


http://www.progressad.com/progressad_images/unix.gif

Garry Knight 17th November 2009 02:14 AM

Um, "leave free"? Shouldn't that be "live free"? Or is that just your accent? :)

Acosta 17th November 2009 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry Knight (Post 83143)
Um, "leave free"? Shouldn't that be "live free"? Or is that just your accent? :)

Yes indeed, can't type or spell with a damn

course it could be that California Accent :)

ValenciaSon 17th November 2009 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acosta (Post 83144)
Yes indeed, can't type or spell with a damn

course it could be that California Accent :)

Don't listen to them, they spell color with a u :rolleyes:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.