Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum

Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum (http://www.notesfromspain.com/forums/index.php)
-   A nice place for new members to say hello (http://www.notesfromspain.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   message for Ben & Marina (http://www.notesfromspain.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11627)

SrCandas 7th November 2010 07:55 AM

message for Ben & Marina

As your post box is full (can't imagine why ;)):

Ben I'm somewhat surprised I must say. I know the traffic is not enormous on the forum and that software updates/glitches and stopping the spammers can be a pain but also forums can be revenue earners in the sense they can cover costs and be a prospect list with brand loyalty.

Have you considered handing this over to someone? I might well be interested; especially based on the success of the chat group (now 50 members and more arriving weekly). I have spanish family who need to occupy time and am already 20 years running a home based IT company.

Perhaps we could come to a mutually beneficial arrangement?

Is there a large hosting cost?

Please do get in touch if there might be a possibility.

All the best, Nigel

ps. Strangely I had mentioned to Juan Carlos that perhaps if the chat group grew much more that we should offer it to yourself as you may see it as a revenue opportunity and we had only intended for it to be small.

Uriel 7th November 2010 11:27 PM

That sounds like a fabulous idea, actually. I hope you guys can find a way to work something like that out.

Ben 8th November 2010 09:39 AM

I've sent you a PM about this, hopefully you'll have room to reply now I 've made a bit of space!
Quote:

Originally Posted by SrCandas (Post 93160)
As your post box is full (can't imagine why ;)):

Ben I'm somewhat surprised I must say. I know the traffic is not enormous on the forum and that software updates/glitches and stopping the spammers can be a pain but also forums can be revenue earners in the sense they can cover costs and be a prospect list with brand loyalty.

Have you considered handing this over to someone? I might well be interested; especially based on the success of the chat group (now 50 members and more arriving weekly). I have spanish family who need to occupy time and am already 20 years running a home based IT company.

Perhaps we could come to a mutually beneficial arrangement?

Is there a large hosting cost?

Please do get in touch if there might be a possibility.

All the best, Nigel

ps. Strangely I had mentioned to Juan Carlos that perhaps if the chat group grew much more that we should offer it to yourself as you may see it as a revenue opportunity and we had only intended for it to be small.

SrCandas 8th November 2010 02:37 PM

Progress guys. Ben & Marina still love us :cheers: and are helping with something else being created for those who like this style of forum.

Please do keep coming back here and checking. From the ashes the pheonix may rise and the great community formed here by Ben and Marina may continue.

If such a thought sounds appealing do let me know. I've already received some messages but all input is useful at this stage:cool:

Andy.G. 8th November 2010 04:19 PM

Creo que es algo me interesa, llego a esto sitio a diario para ver lo que ha pasado en el foro.Ahora se me ha convertido en un hábito y no sé cómo me puedo quitar el hábito jaja.

Uriel 9th November 2010 04:09 AM

I would love to be able to continue in some similar fashion. That happened on another forum I used to frequent, when dedicated members took over admin duties from each other and even relaunched new versions of the site in different formats (one of them free -- you just ignore the ads). It died out eventually, but it got another two or three good years of productive and interesting life out of the process, and I was very sad to lose touch with those people, although interests change of course, and life invariably ends up taking people down new paths.

ValenciaSon 9th November 2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uriel (Post 93200)
I would love to be able to continue in some similar fashion. That happened on another forum I used to frequent, when dedicated members took over admin duties from each other and even relaunched new versions of the site in different formats (one of them free -- you just ignore the ads). It died out eventually, but it got another two or three good years of productive and interesting life out of the process, and I was very sad to lose touch with those people, although interests change of course, and life invariably ends up taking people down new paths.

Have a look here.

Uriel 10th November 2010 06:04 AM

Too cool!:thumbs-up: