View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:46 PM   #2
greytop
Hero Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Rubia View Post
Here there is the recipe in Spanish and English, and my own photos of the step-by-step process. Very easy indeed!:

Ingredients:
- 1 box of pastry for pies (not Puff-pastry, the mass musnt rise or grow up)
- 1 big green pepper
- 1 big red pepper (both peppers which normally we roast)
- 1 big onion
- 5 small tins of tuna in vegetable oil
- 1/3 of a glass of olive oil
- 1 raw egg yolk

Preparation:
* Separate the tuna from the oil.
* Leave the ready made pastry out of the freezer while we cook.
* Cut all the vegetables as in the photo .
* Set a big frying pan with the oil to warm, then add the onion.
Stir (remover = stir, move around) and let it poach for about 10 minutes.
* Now add the peppers and stir. Keep at medium heat for about 15 to 20 more minutes stirring occasionally.
* NOW SWITCH ON THE OVEN ABOVE AND BELOW TO 225C (440 F) IN ORDER THAT IT SHOULD
BE PREHEATING. (Simply : Preheat the oven to ...)
* Put a good colander on a deep plate to drain the whole vegetable of the oil that will have. (Drain the oil from the vegetables using a colander over a deep plate)
* Put the drained vegetables in the glass of the mixer and blend
* Put the beaten vegetables back back in the frying pan where we did it and add the drained tuna. Mix together.
* Spread this mixture in the centre of the sheet of pastry, leaving space around the edge to seal it.
* Roll up trying not to leave air inside and seal with a little water (wetting with the finger)
* Paint (the ideal thing is with a brush that you use only for cooking) the surface with the (beaten?) yolk of egg.
* Put into the oven for 15 minutes to 200C (390 F). Once colds, cut in slices.
Sounds like a must try recipe. I hope the suggestions for the English version help you. Remover is a false friend Masa I think here is just pastry in English although it can also be dough (bread mix) or a batter in other recipes.
greytop is offline   Reply With Quote