Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Spain Forum > Moving to Spain and Living in Spain

Notices

Old 6th April 2009, 11:39 AM   #1
Dilano
Forero

Default Freelance English teachers / School owners

Is anybody out there teaching English on a freelance basis? I've been teaching English for years and have all the necessary qualifications and experience. Ideally, I'd like to do some freelance teaching in a smaller city (I lived in Granada years ago and loved it) but I'm not sure if I'll be able to find enough work (don't want to teach kids) outside of the big cities.

I have also thought about opening my own school - am in talks with the owner of a school in Caceres who wants to sell up - so would like to get some info on the trials and tribulations of running a small business. If anybody is in Caceres, would love to hear your thoughts on the place.

Well, hope there's somebody out there with a bit of insider knowledge.

Congrats Ben on the Lonely Planet award, it's well deserved.
Dilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 10:57 PM   #2
Matthew Stewart
Forero

Cáceres is a wonderful city. The provincial capital, it's a key city in Extremaduran cultural life - bear in mind that most of the University of Extremadura's arts faculites, including English, are based in Cáceres.

Several language schools are operating there, so I recommend you research the market first.
Matthew Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote