Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Warm up area > A nice place for new members to say hello

Notices

Old 7th November 2010, 07:55 AM   #1
SrCandas
Super Forero

Default message for Ben & Marina

As your post box is full (can't imagine why ):

Ben I'm somewhat surprised I must say. I know the traffic is not enormous on the forum and that software updates/glitches and stopping the spammers can be a pain but also forums can be revenue earners in the sense they can cover costs and be a prospect list with brand loyalty.

Have you considered handing this over to someone? I might well be interested; especially based on the success of the chat group (now 50 members and more arriving weekly). I have spanish family who need to occupy time and am already 20 years running a home based IT company.

Perhaps we could come to a mutually beneficial arrangement?

Is there a large hosting cost?

Please do get in touch if there might be a possibility.

All the best, Nigel

ps. Strangely I had mentioned to Juan Carlos that perhaps if the chat group grew much more that we should offer it to yourself as you may see it as a revenue opportunity and we had only intended for it to be small.
SrCandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 11:27 PM   #2
Uriel
Mega Forero

That sounds like a fabulous idea, actually. I hope you guys can find a way to work something like that out.
Uriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 09:39 AM   #3
Ben
Hero Forero

I've sent you a PM about this, hopefully you'll have room to reply now I 've made a bit of space!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SrCandas View Post
As your post box is full (can't imagine why ):

Ben I'm somewhat surprised I must say. I know the traffic is not enormous on the forum and that software updates/glitches and stopping the spammers can be a pain but also forums can be revenue earners in the sense they can cover costs and be a prospect list with brand loyalty.

Have you considered handing this over to someone? I might well be interested; especially based on the success of the chat group (now 50 members and more arriving weekly). I have spanish family who need to occupy time and am already 20 years running a home based IT company.

Perhaps we could come to a mutually beneficial arrangement?

Is there a large hosting cost?

Please do get in touch if there might be a possibility.

All the best, Nigel

ps. Strangely I had mentioned to Juan Carlos that perhaps if the chat group grew much more that we should offer it to yourself as you may see it as a revenue opportunity and we had only intended for it to be small.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 02:37 PM   #4
SrCandas
Super Forero

Progress guys. Ben & Marina still love us and are helping with something else being created for those who like this style of forum.

Please do keep coming back here and checking. From the ashes the pheonix may rise and the great community formed here by Ben and Marina may continue.

If such a thought sounds appealing do let me know. I've already received some messages but all input is useful at this stage
SrCandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 04:19 PM   #5
Andy.G.
Super Forero

Creo que es algo me interesa, llego a esto sitio a diario para ver lo que ha pasado en el foro.Ahora se me ha convertido en un hábito y no sé cómo me puedo quitar el hábito jaja.
Andy.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2010, 04:09 AM   #6
Uriel
Mega Forero

I would love to be able to continue in some similar fashion. That happened on another forum I used to frequent, when dedicated members took over admin duties from each other and even relaunched new versions of the site in different formats (one of them free -- you just ignore the ads). It died out eventually, but it got another two or three good years of productive and interesting life out of the process, and I was very sad to lose touch with those people, although interests change of course, and life invariably ends up taking people down new paths.
Old 9th November 2010, 12:41 PM   #7
ValenciaSon
Hero Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
I would love to be able to continue in some similar fashion. That happened on another forum I used to frequent, when dedicated members took over admin duties from each other and even relaunched new versions of the site in different formats (one of them free -- you just ignore the ads). It died out eventually, but it got another two or three good years of productive and interesting life out of the process, and I was very sad to lose touch with those people, although interests change of course, and life invariably ends up taking people down new paths.
Have a look here.
ValenciaSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2010, 06:04 AM   #8
Uriel
Mega Forero

Too cool!