Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Spanish Forum > Learning Spanish

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th October 2010, 10:45 PM   #1
singlemalt
Forero
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10
Default Miguel Angel Jimenez 'el pisha'

On a topical note I read that the golfer Miguel Angel Jimenez has a nickname of 'el Pisha'. How would this be translated roughly?
singlemalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 08:59 AM   #2
Legazpi
Mega Forero
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Madrid (Arganzuela)
Posts: 834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlemalt View Post
On a topical note I read that the golfer Miguel Angel Jimenez has a nickname of 'el Pisha'. How would this be translated roughly?
I think it's an Andalucian term like "mate" in UK English. I've a friend from Seville who is constantly referred to as "el pisha" by his friends.
Legazpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 09:49 AM   #3
Talairan
del Sur
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The wet island
Posts: 38
Default

In parts of Andalucia the "ch" is pronounced "sh" so the word is "picha" which means "man", "dude", or as Legazpi said "mate". It is a slang term for the male reproductive organ.
Talairan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 12:13 PM   #4
eldeano
He's the most tip top
 
eldeano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 3,892
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talairan View Post
It is a slang term for the male reproductive organ.
I'd never get away with calling my mates that!
eldeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 05:03 PM   #5
Julvenzor
Forero
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seville
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldeano View Post
I'd never get away with calling my mates that!
That is typical of Andalusia, my autonomus commiunty. We have a very particular humor when we referring to known friends. Many people, even being Spanish, is shocked for some disagreable expressions when visit our territories.

Also sometimes is used "chocho", a vulgar expressions, to refferring to a woman. It means "vulva". For us, is totaly normal.
Julvenzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 12:16 AM   #6
yunouguaramin
IYKWIM
 
yunouguaramin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trankis...I'm NOT coming back
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julvenzor View Post
That is typical of Andalusia, my autonomus commiunty. We have a very particular humor when we referring to known friends. Many people, even being Spanish, is shocked for some disagreable expressions when visit our territories.

Also sometimes is used "chocho", a vulgar expressions, to refferring to a woman. It means "vulva". For us, is totaly normal.
que pasa pishaaaa!!!
cuanto tiempo shoshooooo!!!!

La verdad es sois un poquillo especiales si.
Y luego otros se llevan la fama de raros.

Last edited by yunouguaramin; 6th October 2010 at 12:25 AM.
yunouguaramin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 04:49 PM   #7
singlemalt
Forero
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10
Default

Thanks for all your replies. It's amazing what you find out!
singlemalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks
Learn REAL Spanish now!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.