Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Spain Forum > Spain Travel - Advice and Experiences

Notices

Old 24th October 2010, 01:24 AM   #1
seattledba
Forero

Default short term rental recs

Hola, i will be in Madrid for 2 weeks in January and have been looking for a short-term apartment rental and am looking for recs for neighborhoods - i have looked at places in Salamanca, Chueca, Latina, and Lavapies - i am pretty comfortable with each place i've seen and so am having a hard time choosing - i will be in class most days in Salamanca but proximity to school is not important - so my question for you is what neighborhood would you recommend if you were spending 2 weeks in Madrid in winter.
Gracias
seattledba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2010, 09:31 AM   #2
richardksa
Jedi Forero

Salamanca, because it's away from Chueca, La Latina and Lavapies, which are great places to visit but too noisy to live. But then I'm getting old - oh, and I live in Salamanca (almost), so I am biased.
richardksa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2010, 12:30 PM   #3
MrMark
Convert to vinos

Maybe live closer to Lista or Diego de Leon metro stops, as things will be cheaper, but you are still close to the Salamanca area. Lavapies would possibly be the most exciting (but a tad dangerous), and is very close to central Madrid but involves more travel each day
MrMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 03:20 PM   #4
seattledba
Forero

Thanks for the responses - my next question is on the rental companies themselves - i have looked at rent4days and friendlyrentals - rent4days seems somewhat cheaper but i have seen some bad reviews on tripadvisor - and i have seen good reviews of friendlyrentals here - both offer places close to school and i am fine with either - any opinions/suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Old 26th October 2010, 07:10 PM   #5
eldeano
He's the most tip top

I have used Friendly Rentals both in Madrid and Barcelona and they haven't failed me yet. For the last visit to Madrid I stayed in their Zurbano apartment which was in a quiet area close to metro Gregorio Marañón and not far from Serrano.
eldeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 05:59 AM   #6
seattledba
Forero

thanks - i think it will be friendly rentals - an apartment i had inquired about on rent4days ( on calle de castello) was 830 euro this morning and 950 this evening after i sent a request for info - sounds like a dodgy outfit