Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Spain Forum > Moving to Spain and Living in Spain

Notices

Old 9th September 2010, 10:52 AM   #1
philipo1980
Novato

Default Working in Murcia

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice. I am (or soon will be) working for the University here in Murcia and although I have been doing this job for one year already and love the job, the money is not great. I only work part and have to supplement my income with private lessons.
The thing is I have recently qualified with a masters in translation and hoped that this would help me to earn more money but at the moment I am struggling to find work as I only have the experience of translation through my university work.
In addition, given that I have a large amount of student debt from the degree and the masters I need to start looking for a more permanent job which would allow me to start reducing these debts, but have no idea where to start. Are there employment agencies in Spain (like in the UK) that can help? Are there websites advertising work for native English speakers? Anyone have any advice, specifically for here in Murcia?
Any advice or help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
philipo1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 01:51 PM   #2
Tumbit
Forero

Default Finding Work

A Few places for you to try would be : Wemploy ; Ambient Jobs ; Quad Consultancy ; Recruit Spain ; Monster ES ; Thinkspain etc... - You should also try the online version of some of the local newspapers like Roundtown News ; Euro-weekly News ; Costa Calida News.
If and when you are fortunate in having found a suitable position to things to consider when applying for a job in Spain - http://www.tumbit.com/how-to-guides/...panish-cv.html
Tumbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 02:25 PM   #3
Legazpi
Mega Forero

infojobs is the biggest employment website in Spain - just type in the keyword "English" and stuff usually comes up (not sure about Murcia though). You can also find online translation work at proz.com.
Legazpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 04:41 PM   #4
LindaM
Forero

Try www.monster.es
There used to be a jobs section in Sunday's El Pais for professional people. This would give you the names of some of the big international recruitment companies. ¡Buena suerte!
LindaM is offline   Reply With Quote