Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Warm up area > A nice place for new members to say hello

Notices

Old 22nd September 2009, 12:10 AM   #1
activistadeamamantamiento
Forero

Smile Hola Desde Ustados Unidos

Hola, me llamo Jessica. Yo soy una madre de cinco hijos y hace casado diez años.

Phew! I have recently been trying in earnest to learn Spanish, with the help of Ben and Marina's free audio podcasts downloaded into my MP3 player. (thank you both!)

I've been listening for about 3 weeks now, and I am quite green at all of this, but I hope to say a lot more in spanish the next time I post. I look forward to getting to know you all (and the spanish language). I am also reading spanish articles on the internet as well as bigginer spanish textbooks and even spanish picturebooks from the library. I really wanted to say all that in Spanish, but when you are looking after and homeschooling5 children in addition to running a household - time for things like this can run out quickly..

For now, I must say goodbye.

Jessica

Hasta luego, y gracious para lectura

PS: Feel free to correct me on anything! I need the help!
activistadeamamantamiento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 01:32 AM   #2
Acosta
Mega Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by activistadeamamantamiento View Post
Hola, me llamo Jessica. Yo soy una madre de cinco hijos y hace casado diez años.

Phew! I have recently been trying in earnest to learn Spanish, with the help of Ben and Marina's free audio podcasts downloaded into my MP3 player. (thank you both!)

I've been listening for about 3 weeks now, and I am quite green at all of this, but I hope to say a lot more in spanish the next time I post. I look forward to getting to know you all (and the spanish language). I am also reading spanish articles on the internet as well as bigginer spanish textbooks and even spanish picturebooks from the library. I really wanted to say all that in Spanish, but when you are looking after and homeschooling5 children in addition to running a household - time for things like this can run out quickly..

For now, I must say goodbye.

Jessica

Hasta luego, y gracious para lectura

PS: Feel free to correct me on anything! I need the help!
Bienvenido!

Estados Unidos

Enjoy it plus you will have a great community here to help you and encourage.

Chao
Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:15 PM   #3
ddmars
Hola tio!

Hey Jessica

There are other free podcasts available on iTunes called "Coffee Break Spanish". There are a total of 80 lessons. I think if you listen to the first 20 or so of these they will help a lot. They are a bit easier than Inspired Beginners. I'm sure Ben won't mind me mentioning this as I know he knows Mark who is "el jefe" de Coffee Break Spanish.

Saludos

Darren
ddmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 08:02 PM   #4
Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmars View Post
Hey Jessica

There are other free podcasts available on iTunes called "Coffee Break Spanish". There are a total of 80 lessons. I think if you listen to the first 20 or so of these they will help a lot. They are a bit easier than Inspired Beginners. I'm sure Ben won't mind me mentioning this as I know he knows Mark who is "el jefe" de Coffee Break Spanish.

Saludos

Darren
Thank you! I'm hoping I can get it via my little RCA player, since I don't have an ipod. If you don't mind, could you give me a link, either here or via a pm?

And now for my spanish... I want to do at least a bit with each comment..

Un millón de gracias! Soy esperando a poder lo tomo segun me RCA, porque no me tengo un ipod. ¿Si lo no molesta, podría Ud. déjame el enlace cualquiera aqui o segun privado mensaje? (Corrections are welcome.)

BTW, I've been making use of wordreference.com to find words for my spanish communications with you here. (After finding new spanish words I do try to use visual memorization techniques to avoid them getting dumped right away.) Do you think this could help me or will it backfire? Do you suggest that I just stick with the words I've learned and automatically remember instead?

Hasta luego,

Jessica
Old 23rd September 2009, 12:09 AM   #5
Forero

OK so my computor ignorance is showing. I did find a way to download to my MP3 layer, so I'm that much the wiser. I also found a website that provided free lessons I could access easily. So thanks for the good advice. It looks promising.