Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > The Rastro > Geek's Corner

Notices

Old 3rd June 2008, 01:43 PM   #41
Yeymi
Forero

Since you're in the states and you mentioned you were a student, Apple also has a special offer for college students. You get a free nano iPod for free when you purchase a new computer through your school. That's what I did. If you prefer a different iPod they discount what a nano would be worth form the iPod you want. Also, like they've mentioned I would wait until after the conference this June to buy your Mac because they are going to update it. Also, if you go to macrumors.com they have a buying guide that's also really helpful.
Yeymi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 04:42 PM   #42
88keys07
Alberto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeymi View Post
...You get a free nano iPod for free when you purchase a new computer through your school. ... I would wait until after the conference this June to buy your Mac because they are going to update it.
Actually its an iPod Touch 8gb. I am on the assumption, however, that they are doing this to boost the sales of their soon-to-be older products and giving away others (the touch) to make way for their new MacBook and Touch (which they were planning on getting rid of the 8gb Touch and releasing the new one at the WWDC)

So I think I would wait too. I wonder if they will still be doing this promotion when they update the Macbooks this summer. (I hope so)

Thanks for the buying guide tip!
88keys07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 05:04 PM   #43
gary
Samuri Forero

Remember when muying your Mac to buy it through the education store online - this will usually get at least 8% off the price for you.

You need to fill in the name of a school - but dont worry you can fill in any old nonsense, even gobbldigook - it is NEVER queried. If it EVER does, well I'm sure you have someone of school age in your family

We got the free nano too!!
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 05:32 PM   #44
ValenciaSon
Hero Forero

I did find out that you don't get the iPod for free when purchasing either the Mac Mini or the 17" iMac. Too bad since I'm getting a Mac Mini for my son as a birthday present.
ValenciaSon is offline   Reply With Quote