Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Other Matters > Forum Admin and News

Notices

Old 6th September 2006, 11:32 AM   #1
Ben
Hero Forero

Default Notes in Spanish Intermediate Launched!!!

What an exciting week, first we get Notes in Spanish.com running, and now we have launched the new podcast, Notes in Spanish Intermediate!

The new level is ideal for those that have got through the first stages of learning Spanish, and are ready to take their Spanish to another level, learning loads of really useful vocab and phrases along the way.

Just as with the advanced level (which continues as ever!), worksheets are available with a full transcript of the podcast, a list of the most essential vocab and grammar from each episode, and useful exercises.

We look forward to hearing your feedback on our latest venture!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2006, 06:01 PM   #2
Lizzie
Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
What an exciting week, first we get Notes in Spanish.com running, and now we have launched the new podcast, Notes in Spanish Intermediate!
Hi Ben,
I susbscribe Notes in Spanish Advanced at iTunes, but I don't see Intermediate version in iTunes Podcasting store.
Perhaps I overlooked something, but how should I look for?

Last edited by Lizzie; 6th September 2006 at 06:06 PM.
Lizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2006, 06:22 PM   #3
Ben
Hero Forero

Hi Lizzie,

I have submitted it to iTunes but it tends to take a few days to appear in their directory. In the mean time you can enter the feed manually via the 'advanced' menu in iTunes. The feed is:
http://intnotesinspanish.libsyn.com/rss
Old 6th September 2006, 06:25 PM   #4
Lizzie
Forero

Quote:
Hi Lizzie,

I have submitted it to iTunes but it tends to take a few days to appear in their directory. In the mean time you can enter the feed manually via the 'advanced' menu in iTunes. The feed is:
I see. Thank you, Ben.
Lizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2006, 01:15 AM   #5
Brian
Errant in Valencia

Quote:
Hi Lizzie,

Ahh, please ignore my post in the other forum!
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2006, 01:21 AM   #6
que
Super Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Ahh, please ignore my post in the other forum!
I just came in here to get you the link to this thread, after reading your other post. but you found it ok
que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2006, 10:20 AM   #7
Marbella

Default Subscribing to NIS

Hi,

Would it be possible to pre-pay a subscription to the transcripts almost like I would a magazine. It means I would only have to pay once for say 10 issues and then when each podcast/transcript is released I get an automated email either with the transcript attached or a link for me to follow to pick it up?

Also, and I'm personally not looking for a bargain, but could a 3 month or annual subscription be attractive to some people and more lucrative to you. It kind of ties people in to receiving n number of transcripts as and when they are released at a discount to the weekly price. Lots of magazines do this.
Old 8th September 2006, 10:54 AM   #8
Ben
Hero Forero

This was initially our plan, but the problem with a subscription system is that it entails forming a contract between us and the listener/subscription purchaser. We would have to promise and deliver a set number of podcasts per month, for at least 3 months in advance, in order to do this professionally. As soon as we started planning this, and how we would have to have many podcasts in store as back up in case we became ill, wanted to go on holiday (or whatever else might put in jeopardy this fixed podcasts-per-month contract), we felt terribly stressed, and found that some of the joy went out of the podcasting. And when the fun goes the podcasts start to sound terrible.

It is still our aim to produce 4 podcasts per month for each level, but we want to be spontaneous about it and enjoy ourselves. The subscription idea was just not going to work at the moment - believe me we spent a long long time studying it. If we can work out a way to make it happen in the future, perhaps a few months down the line, then we will definitely look at it again.

Last edited by Ben; 8th September 2006 at 10:58 AM.
Old 8th September 2006, 11:04 AM   #9
Marbella

Quote:
This was initially our plan, but the problem with a subscription system is that it entails forming a contract between us and the listener/subscription purchaser. We would have to promise and deliver a set number of podcasts per month, for at least 3 months in advance, in order to do this professionally. As soon as we started planning this, and how we would have to have many podcasts in store as back up in case we became ill, wanted to go on holiday (or whatever else might put in jeopardy this fixed podcasts-per-month contract), we felt terribly stressed, and found that some of the joy went out of the podcasting. And when the fun goes the podcasts start to sound terrible.

It is still our aim to produce 4 podcasts per month for each level, but we want to be spontaneous about it and enjoy ourselves. The subscription idea was just not going to work at the moment - believe me we spent a long long time studying it. If we can work out a way to make it happen in the future, perhaps a few months down the line, then we will definitely look at it again.
Understood. Keep having fun for sure!
Old 8th September 2006, 12:41 PM   #10
que
Super Forero

Agreed!

You then become invovled in a contract situation, so it is no longer just a hobby.

I also like the fact i when i come on here i never know when there will be something new. Keeps me coming back!

Like the new tips section
que is offline   Reply With Quote