Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Spanish Forum > En Español, ¿Hablamos?

Notices

Old 10th February 2008, 08:47 PM   #41
Perrault
Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
It's all very well knowing how to type accents, the real problem is knowing when to use them.
¡jijiji!

¡Tienes mucha razón!
Perrault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2008, 08:57 PM   #42
swaeraas
Forero

Location: Kristiansund, Norway. Part of the year in Sète, France

Thank you very much pablo and Gary! In fact I have a MacBook that I'm very satisfied with, and I will try your suggestions at once! (but I am quite stupid in technical matters..)
swaeraas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2008, 04:55 AM   #43
pabloscrito14
Forero

Thanks for the Mac OS X tips, Pablo. I was aware of the keyboard mapping option, but didn't know about the option key method.

I've used the Dvorak layout for my English typing as it's supposed to be easier on the wrists. It's actually difficult for me to go back to a regular "QWERTY" layout now. I haven't found a Dvorak equivalent for Spanish, though, so I'll probably be using the option method.
pabloscrito14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 08:48 AM   #44
amjbrooks
Forero

Default Try this!

http://spanish.typeit.org/

Type on here and cut and paste :-)
amjbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 01:24 AM   #45
piperemirip3
Emily_La_Ciudad_de_NY

How do I do it on a laptop with ... wordpad or whatever if I want to then paste it into firefox? 'Cause the ALT method doesn't work (It may also be a WINDOWS VISTA thing, I'm not sure)
piperemirip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008, 09:09 AM   #46
Perro Callejero
El Perro Callejero

The ALT+ method only works with keyPADS, not the numbers in a row at the top of the keyboard. For laptops, most have some sort of "Num lock" key that you press, and then use the numbered keypad that share keys with some letters and hit num lock again to go back to typing.
Perro Callejero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 07:33 AM   #47
marie-chan
Forero

Wink

Hi Guys... If you are using Vista or XP here's a trick.. go to-> control panel-> then-> Regional and Language Options ->Keyboards Languages->Change Keyboards(note: you're not really gonna change the keyboard you're just gonna add a new one) -> Add... (then select the language that you want to add..) then ok and apply..
the new language can be seen in your toolbar( in the right side) to switch between keyboards EN(english) ES (Spanish) just do this command: (left alt)+Shift then there you go. you can switch between keyboards.. it's like having two keyboards in one...

if you are confused about the characters in the new keyboard or dont know how to find them just do this.. go to-> control panel-> then-> Regional and Language Options ->Keyboards Languages->Change Keyboards(note: you're not really gonna change the keyboard you're just gonna add a new one) ->then select the spanish keyboard and then properties...

here's a video session that i've recorded... a video guide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc59XJ_mHfU

hope this can help
marie-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 03:40 AM   #48
Flanny
Malabarista

Default aqúi tambien

Cómo escribir acentos de españoles en ventanas.
Cómo cambiar teclado a españoles en ventanas.

http://www.conversationexchange.com/...d-language.php

una imagen teclado de español.

http://class.georgiasouthern.edu/spa...s/kspanish.gif

Cómo cambiar teclado a españoles en "mac".

http://tlt.psu.edu/suggestions/inter...ds/mackey.html

En "Linux" simplemente cambria el idioma en la entrada. Si necesaria, instale el idioma del CD de instalación.
Flanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2008, 09:14 AM   #49
Cortez
Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie-chan View Post
Hi Guys... If you are using Vista or XP here's a trick.. go to-> control panel-> then-> Regional and Language Options ->Keyboards Languages->Change Keyboards(note: you're not really gonna change the keyboard you're just gonna add a new one) -> Add... (then select the language that you want to add..) then ok and apply..
the new language can be seen in your toolbar( in the right side) to switch between keyboards EN(english) ES (Spanish) just do this command: (left alt)+Shift then there you go. you can switch between keyboards.. it's like having two keyboards in one...
I've done this but I've left it so it says EN in the language bar. Whilst it says EN I can press Alt Gr + e i o u a and get the accented versions but Alt Gr + n does not give me ñ. Any ideas why?

Also, I'd like to be able to press Alt Gr + ! and ? to get the upside down versions but that doesn't work either. Can it be done?
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 12:10 AM   #50
Retazo
Just Starting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
I've done this but I've left it so it says EN in the language bar. Whilst it says EN I can press Alt Gr + e i o u a and get the accented versions but Alt Gr + n does not give me ñ. Any ideas why?

Also, I'd like to be able to press Alt Gr + ! and ? to get the upside down versions but that doesn't work either. Can it be done?
Cortez

I to have a similar problem to you with the exception I don't see the the EN at the top right hand side of the tool bar. But everything else is as you say. I have vista and have asked previously how I can obtain the accents over the letter and so far this is the closest I have come. I am not great with tech things so it could well be me. At least I now get some accents thanks to Marie-Chan help.

Can anyone else offer any further help?

Thanks

R
Retazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2009, 09:23 PM   #51
luvmesmbdk
Forero Senior

OK, none of this is working for me. I'm on windows xp. What am I doing wrong?
luvmesmbdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2009, 09:56 AM   #52
knita
Novato

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Dont forget
Option (alt) + 1 to give you the inverted exclamation mark - ¡Hola!

and
Option (alt) + Shift + ? for the inverted question mark - ¿Que?

----once youve had a Mac youll never go back!
Couldn't agree with you more!
A new convert
knita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2009, 05:37 PM   #53
Peg
Novato

Thumbs up Sp Keyboard

Thanks for unraveling the mystery!! This really helps!!
Peg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 03:16 AM   #54
SunSurfHome
Forero

For any Ubuntu users that don't feel like searching through the Ubuntu and Linux forums, here is how I set up a Spanish keyboard in Jaunty Jackelope:

1. Click System/Preferences/Keyboard
  2. Click Layouts tab
  3. Click the Add button and follow the menus. (You may also wish to go ahead and print out a copy of the keyboard layout while you're at it.)
  4. Right click on your panel of choice (the bar at the top or the bar at the bottom if your a n00b and have a regular sort of installation) and select "Add to Panel" from the pop-up menu.
  5. Add the Keyboard Indicator.

You should now be able to click the keyboard indicator to alternate between keyboards. ¡Sí!

Quick note: the [ key followed by a letter places an accent over the letter.

SSH

Last edited by SunSurfHome; 29th April 2009 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Apparantly I haven't learned English grammer well enough yet.
SunSurfHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 12:45 AM   #55
sean_walsh01
Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retazo View Post
Cortez

I to have a similar problem to you with the exception I don't see the the EN at the top right hand side of the tool bar. But everything else is as you say. I have vista and have asked previously how I can obtain the accents over the letter and so far this is the closest I have come. I am not great with tech things so it could well be me. At least I now get some accents thanks to Marie-Chan help.

Can anyone else offer any further help?

Thanks

R

Cortez and Retazo - I seem to have similar problem with my windows vista laptop. Having changed the keyboard options I am able to:
  • get accents above letters by holding down Alt Gr with the letter
  • get upside down question marks and exclamation marks by holding down Alt Gr and Shift with ? or !
  • but to get the tilda on n, I can only seem to do it in a capital version: by holding down ctrl, shift, ~, and then pressing n
I think I will just take amjbrooks advice and copy and paste from that site

Sean
sean_walsh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 06:19 PM   #56
Eiprilis
Forero

Hola! I'm still having some problems with spanish alphabet on my pc. I've followed all rules listed above. Still,I can't write spanish accents.

Por ejemplo: Como esta'is?

missing question mark in the bigining and I've just tried to type spanish wole with combination '+i. Smth isn't going right..
Eiprilis is offline   Reply With Quote