Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Spain Forum > Moving to Spain and Living in Spain

Notices

Old 10th August 2010, 03:16 PM   #1
mondaysocks
Novato

Arrow Working in Spain Next Summer

I would love to work in Spain next summer so I can impove my Spanish and travel around the country.I am an english undergraduate and will have finished my second year studying psyhology & sociology next summer. I was considering going for a job as a holiday rep or at a summer camp but I realised that I would be unlikely to be able to see much of the country in these jobs, and I wouldn't really be experiencing the culture. I'm not sure what I can do as my Spanish will be post-beginner at best, so any suggestions/contacts would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
mondaysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 08:24 PM   #2
Tumbit
Forero

Sorry to be one of the dreaded 'doom and gloom' merchants, but it ain't happening.
- You should really make a decision and gravitate towards one camp or the other - IE staying in one particular place in Spain to work, and maybe being lucky enough to learn a little about the language and culture over here (However actually getting a job is another matter althogether!) OR using the time to travel around as a Holiday (Having the opportunity to see a little more of the country and speak some of the language, but without any income).
Tumbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 01:10 AM   #3
mondaysocks
Novato

Ok thanks for your advice, do you think working as a tour guide or within the tourist industry is plausable?
mondaysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 08:59 AM   #4
Legazpi
Mega Forero

Not sure about tourism as an option if you don't speak much Spanish. A better option might be teaching English in summer camps.
Legazpi is offline   Reply With Quote