Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Spain Forum > Spanish culture, life, food, and news

Notices

Old 30th August 2010, 08:16 AM   #1041
tad
virtual idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Bunsen Honeydew View Post
It's alive!!!
Apparently

Quote:
Originally Posted by yunouguaramin View Post

How are you tad?
I'm alive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
El País article on why Paul Scholes isn't more appreciated:
It's coz he doesn't look good in pants then? (and he can't tackle)

Anyway here are the votes of the Palmers Green jury:

1. Barcelona
2. Real Madrid
3. Atlético Madrid
4. Valencia

5. Athletic Bilbao
6. Villarreal

7. Sevilla
8. Deportivo
9. Espanyol
10. Mallorca

11. Getafe
12. Almería

13. Osasuna
14. Real Sociedad
15. Zaragoza
16. Racing
17. Hércules

18. Málaga
19. Sporting
20. Levante

I know it's late but I haven't seen any results yet. Honest guv....
tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 09:52 AM   #1042
Stephen
Mega Forero

I saw the last 30 minutes of RM against Mallorca. Mourinho has got some work to do. And the pundits said Barca looked stronger than ever.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 11:28 AM   #1043
mightykaboosh
Mega Forero

Default Which clubs have made blockbuster signings?

Have Real Madrid signed anyone yet? bar Mesut Ozil/Carvalho?

Both are undoubtedly quality, but lack the wow factor of the 2009/10 transfer madness.

I think Mascherano is going to be a MASSIVE hit at Barca. Which leaves me perplexed. I think Jose Mourinho is a genious, and I can't believe that he'd start a season short on the right type of players. Having said that, I can't see Barcelona losing with Mascherano on board. His workrate is phenominal and he is the best disruptive midfielder available, especially for tj paltry sum of £18 million. GANGA

I see Barca are about to take a massive hit on Ibrahimovic loaning him to AC Milan for a year, with a possible £19.7 million transfer to make it permanent. I always thought he was useless, just had one really good season in serie A and Mourinho exploited that with an outrageous transfer fee.

What I'd like to know is who's signed who? Have Valencia bought anyone off the back of selling Silva, Villa and Zigic.

Will Sevila loosen the purse strings now that they've been dumped out of the champions league or will that necessitate the opposite?

Finally, Why has no one bought Forlan? he was sensational at the World Cup he carried his team and won the Golden Ball.

Last edited by mightykaboosh; 30th August 2010 at 11:36 AM.
mightykaboosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 12:13 PM   #1044
eldeano
He's the most tip top

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightykaboosh View Post
Finally, Why has no one bought Forlan? he was sensational at the World Cup he carried his team and won the Golden Ball.

You may as well also ask why Agüero is still at Atleti. I suspect with him it's his personal demands - net income - which will make him too expensive for PL clubs (except Spurs ). I think that Forlán is happy in Spain and he gets to play every week - something that he may not do if he went to Madrid or Barca.
eldeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 12:16 PM   #1045
eldeano
He's the most tip top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash 'Arry View Post
I know it's late but I haven't seen any results yet. Honest guv....
I'm not convinced.
Old 25th September 2010, 09:11 PM   #1046
Stephen
Mega Forero

It seems in Spain every radio station has live commentary on the football. I've tried 5 national stations in my iPod and they've all got Real Madrid on. What about something for the ladies? Oh they like the football as well.
Old 25th September 2010, 09:36 PM   #1047
eldeano
He's the most tip top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
It seems in Spain every radio station has live commentary on the football. I've tried 5 national stations in my iPod and they've all got Real Madrid on. What about something for the ladies? Oh they like the football as well.

The Madrid match has finished now, but I suspect the Barca match will be on. You should be ok tomorrow morning
Old 30th September 2010, 03:31 PM   #1048
Stephen
Mega Forero

This little football game app http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/marca...375882891?mt=8 with the sports newspaper Marca in the name is much improved. Before I always won but now the game beats me quite often. I play as Real Madrid against Barcelona.
Old 3rd October 2010, 10:04 PM   #1049
MrMark
Convert to vinos

Default Real Madrid are back!

Hala Madrid! (Real 6 Depor 1)
Maybe Jose is the real deal after all!
MrMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 12:57 AM   #1050
eldeano
He's the most tip top

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMark View Post
Hala Madrid! (Real 6 Depor 1)
Maybe Jose is the real deal after all!
Nah! The real Jose would never let his team score 6!!
Old 10th October 2010, 10:10 AM   #1051
Stephen
Mega Forero

An article in El País about Liverpool FC and los naughty americanos Hicks and Gilett. http://www.elpais.com/articulo/depor...lpepidep_5/Tes
Old 13th October 2010, 04:41 PM   #1052
Sagitario
Jubilado y lovin' it

Default Match Fixing Claims Still Haunting Hércules

To fill in a bit of the background, for some time now one Enrique Ortiz (who just so happens to be a major shareholder and elected President of newly promoted Hércules CF) has been under investigation as one of the principal protagonists in what has come to be known as the Brugal Corruption Case.

Throughout the previous summer and unbeknown to Señor Ortiz, his phone conversations were being recorded by investigators. While not directly related to the Brugal Case, it has since come to light that 100,000 Euros was allegedly paid in the form of a bribe to the goalkeeper of Cordoba to insure that Hércules won a crucial Second Division home fixture on May 10th. Which the Alicante based club duly did by four goals to nil thereby, gaining subsequent promotion to Spain’s Premier League.

However, despite repeated requests to the Brugal Task Force by Spain’s football authorities for copies of the relevant phone conversations to be made available. All of which have previously been denied on the grounds that it might prejudice their ongoing investigation. An independent judge as now ordered that the Superior Sports Council (SCD) has the right to access such tapes for its own internal investigation to proceed.

It is reported that lawyers on behalf of the Brugal Task Force are considering the judgment and reserve their right of appeal should it be deemed necessary.
Sagitario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 11:56 PM   #1053
seattledba
Forero

Default tickets to matches

sorry if this is covered else where but i am going to be in madrid in January and am looking for the best way to get tickets to matches - 2 years ago i was able to get real tix at the window the day before the match - i assume i can do that again but i wasn't sure if that was just luck or there are usually tix available - it was getafe so maybe that was the reason - i imagine barca would be a tough get. i would like to catch both athletico and real v mallorca that week if possible - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - Gracias
seattledba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 07:37 PM   #1054
eldeano
He's the most tip top

Last time I was there I got tickets for Atlético v Valencia. I bought them through their site which takes you to the ServiCaixa site where you order them. You can then collect them from any Servi Caixa machine by introducing your payment card in the machine.

There were still tickets available for this big game the day before the game so you should be alright with an Atlético match.

As for a Madrid match, go to the ticket office as soon as you arrive to give yourself half a chance.
Old 18th October 2010, 02:33 PM   #1055
roadways
¡Mojito!

Better still, go to Vallecas and watch the mighty Rayo Vallecano if they're at home that is when you are there, you can pay on the gate, and they are a proper Madrileño team.
roadways is offline   Reply With Quote