Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Spain Forum > Spanish culture, life, food, and news

Notices

Old 12th May 2010, 11:15 AM   #161
Gem
Forero

I haven't time to read through everything in this thread for now, but has anyone mentioned the newish Argentine film, "El Secreto de Sus Ojos"? I saw it the other day and it was great. A little tricky at times for the accents, but really entertaining and insightful in its everyday cultural details/conversations for someone who has never been to Argentina.

I'm now looking to watch "Perros Callejeros" which is a 1977 film shot in Barcelona, with an interesting history behind it. I heard it's a bit violent, but I'm intrigued to see something that shows some of Bcn's past and the city as it was a little. A ver que tal!
Gem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 06:12 PM   #162
Grimace
Big and Purple

I can understand pretty close to everything I hear on Spanish TV, but for some reason the dialogue in El secreto de sus ojos proved to be majorly difficult for me to understand. It's a decent film, though.
Grimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 08:14 PM   #163
Tigre
Forero

Are there any famous good shows in Spanish? Good sitcoms like Friends, King of queens, Everybody likes Raymond or series like CSI, X-Files. Doesn't have to be shows like that or the genre, shows/series that are very famous in Spain that if you say the title on the streets everybody is going wild and talk there favorite episodes
Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 08:38 PM   #164
Tumbit
Forero

My Favourite books on Spain are mainly cookbooks - I love reading the Moro Books, I think it is becuase of the fantastic descriptions of each dish - especially with regards to the history and traditions surrounding them.
Tumbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 03:10 PM   #165
saffron
Forero Senior

Default Books Mendoza

Have belatedly read that Mendoza has received el planeta for his novel Riña de gatos. I have read several of his books and he is an interesting author. I bought the first book on a trip to Barcelona which is where he is from.

Here is a link to the article in El País:

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/cultu...r/Guerra/Civil

if link doesnt work it is El País 16/10/10

saffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2010, 02:38 AM   #166
ValenciaSon
Hero Forero

Just read Shadow of the Wind. I really liked its story within a story which takes place in the early part of the 20th century up to the middle, in Barcelona.
ValenciaSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2010, 02:50 PM   #167
saffron
Forero Senior

Default Zafón

same day in Barcelona I purchased a Mendoza book I also bought Zafóns book. I found the extensive vocabulary difficult and tried to read without looking the words up. I believe he has also written books for a younger audience and maybe the vocabulary would beless intense. It seemed appropriate to purchase the book in Barcelona and his descriptions of the city were evocative.
saffron is offline   Reply With Quote