Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Spain Forum > Spain Travel - Advice and Experiences

Notices

Old 24th February 2010, 12:12 PM   #21
Juanjo
Lorquista

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Lates is that BA are planning to subcontract Ryan Air if theres a flight crew strike - worst of all possible worlds - you pay BA prices and fly cattle class!!

Even worse- in the next Budget, having sold off everything else to private enterprise (including education) the New Labour (aka Conservative Lite) Chancellor to save money plans to outsource the RAF to RyanAir, the Navy to EasyCruise and the Army to Mercenaries-R-US. Securicor is rumoured to be bidding for 15 police forces!.

Parliament has already been outsourced to the biggest bidder!
Juanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 07:30 PM   #22
Pippa
GigaForero

Very interesting.

Pippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 08:26 AM   #23
expatsinspain
Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpeace View Post

The worst service I ever saw was on an internal US flight on United. Appaling in so many ways. Amazing that the country that prides itself on a service econmony has such awful airlines.

I used to quite enjoy Northwest but now they are part of Delta it's business as usual.
I`m quite surprised at that. I`ve always regarded the Americans as the types who demand good service. Looks like Uncle Sam`s standards are slipping.
expatsinspain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 08:39 AM   #24
greytop
Hero Forero

Default The other side of the coin

On the news this morning - a Ryanair passenger won 10,000$ on a scratch card whilst flying. When staff could not pay him out on the spot he got angry and ate the ticket. The money will now go to charity.
That showed them -NOT!
greytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 02:09 PM   #25
ValenciaSon
Hero Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatsinspain View Post
Looks like Uncle Sam`s standards are slipping.
Most of our airline customer service standards have been abysmal. Those with decent service such as TWA, Pan Am, etc.. no longer exist. The US perception amongst those of us with heavy travel lifestyles is that the foreign carriers such as Air France, British Airways and even Iberia, outpace our airlines in terms of customer service.
ValenciaSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 02:59 PM   #26
JackMcG
El Chele

Quote:
Originally Posted by greytop View Post
On the news this morning - a Ryanair passenger won 10,000$ on a scratch card whilst flying. When staff could not pay him out on the spot he got angry and ate the ticket. The money will now go to charity.
That showed them -NOT!
Maybe he preferred the ticket to the airline food!
JackMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 04:36 PM   #27
kenpeace
Super Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValenciaSon View Post
The US perception amongst those of us with heavy travel lifestyles is that the foreign carriers such as Air France, British Airways and even Iberia, outpace our airlines in terms of customer service.
There is a significant amount of travel in my line of work. The consensus is that the eastern and middle eastern airlines are the best. Etihad, Qatar, Emirates.
kenpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 07:40 PM   #28
Juanjo
Lorquista

Quote:
There is a significant amount of travel in my line of work. The consensus is that the eastern and middle eastern airlines are the best. Etihad, Qatar, Emirates.

Don't forget Singapore Airlines and Quantas.
Old 28th February 2010, 09:43 AM   #29
expatsinspain
Forero

Someone does`t like Ryanair, with a vengeance... I hate Ryanair.
Old 28th February 2010, 09:59 AM   #30
greytop
Hero Forero

Quote:
Someone does`t like Ryanair, with a vengeance... I hate Ryanair.
These twitter comments from your link sum it all up really!
  • RT @CalamityJen13: Trying to navigate the minefield that is Ryanair. So many charges hidden everywhere. #
  • RT @hughcurran: Girona is not even in Barcelona provence! You lied to me. Again. Oh how I loathe thee. #
  • RT @ryan_sherlock: Flying with bmi - such a nice experience versus ryanair #
  • RT @ralphcochrane: last flew Easyjet last week. Ryanair is horrible - Stansted crowds (can’t call them queues). #
  • RT @moonklash: Grrrrr Ryanair, £100 for change of passenger! I will never fly with them through choice. #
greytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 02:42 PM   #31
expatsinspain
Forero

Yet, I can guarantee if someone from Ryanair was to read those comments they`d say that they were all wrong, or lying.

Such a pity really, I can remember flying Ryanair when they provided a good service, were upfront with their charges, and at a good price.
Old 28th February 2010, 03:21 PM   #32
Juanjo
Lorquista

Quote:
Yet, I can guarantee if someone from Ryanair was to read those comments they`d say that they were all wrong, or lying.

I suspect the level of arrogance is such that the only comment would be "Tough! No refund!"
Old 16th April 2010, 08:11 AM   #33
fawlty
Super Forero

This beats Ryanair anytime!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-Red-Bull.html
fawlty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 04:23 PM   #34
DaveKotschessa
Forero Senior

Surprised nobody mentioned this yet, or I missed it... Ryanair is charging - no joke - for bathrooms now:

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/fligh...blog&type=blog
DaveKotschessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 08:23 AM   #35
MrMark
Convert to vinos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKotschessa View Post
Surprised nobody mentioned this yet, or I missed it... Ryanair is charging - no joke - for bathrooms now:

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/fligh...blog&type=blog
Ryanair are NOT charging for bathroom visits. If nothing else they'd end up with wet seats! This story came out last year and was obviously a bit of publicity seeking by Ryanair; it's since been re-hashed by various blogs including the one you quote.
If you want to be annoyed by a real Ryanair charge, look at their fee for "airport checking-in" - they charge £80 per person !! They "only" charge £10 per person for online check-in.

Here's a good site to avoid some of the charges:
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tra...irline-charges
MrMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 08:56 AM   #36
kenpeace
Super Forero

Why do you think that on Friday Ryanair decided to stop flights right up to Monday when at the time when the aiports were being closed on a 12 hour update?

Will Ryanair be able to make money from the volcano incident?
kenpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 09:40 AM   #37
MrMark
Convert to vinos

Quote:
Why do you think that on Friday Ryanair decided to stop flights right up to Monday when at the time when the aiports were being closed on a 12 hour update?

Will Ryanair be able to make money from the volcano incident?
When the flights get back to normal (and it may be longer than we think), there will be a large backlog to get over. Airlines will be able to charge extortionate fees, as there will be an oversupply of people wanting to get to their destination. I hope I'm wrong but I suspect you won't be seeing flights costing less than £200 before October.
MrMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 09:36 PM   #38
Verde
Forero

Hey
I would like to say that I fly with Ryanair several times a year.
No other airline gives me prices like that and this is the most important thing when we're talking on Ryanair. Of course there are many things that could be better or even you can say that are TERRIBLE with R.
But for me - I'm a student and I'd like to travel for cheap - it's perfect.

I usualy pay no more then 20 euros for return ticket from my city to such places as London (Stansted of course), Rome, Oslo, Barcelona (Reus) etc...
Thanks to R. I have visited many beautiful cities having very low budget.

PS: It's nothing difficult to buy those very cheap ticket (this is the finnaly price ofcourse) but you have no know how to do it and to be a little bit flexible with dates...

Last edited by Verde; 10th July 2010 at 09:41 PM.
Verde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 07:50 PM   #39
Acosta
Mega Forero

Quote:
That's funny! Actually, that's hilarious.

The worst service I ever saw was on an internal US flight on United. Appaling in so many ways. Amazing that the country that prides itself on a service econmony has such awful airlines.

I used to quite enjoy Northwest but now they are part of Delta it's business as usual.

We had bad experiences with US airlines even before all the bad things that affected the major US airlines. And now it seems only worse, Unfortunatly to fly back to my wifes home country (Barbados)we can only US American Airlines (UN-American Airlines).

So when I fly to Europe I will always fly another airlines that have a reasonable reputation and a decent (not cut rate) price. Seemed to have had good luck with BA & Air France.

Bad news about BA & Ryan Air Now BA = Borg Airlines...

Oddly some of the discount airlines in the US seem to be the most friendly and considerate (minus the cattle call) to get your seats.
Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 09:05 PM   #40
Tumbit
Forero

My last experience with Ryanair .....http://www.tumbit.com/blogs/685-why-...ver-learn.html
Tumbit is offline   Reply With Quote