Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Spain Forum > Spain Travel - Advice and Experiences

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd July 2010, 10:09 AM   #41
Sagitario
Jubilado y lovin' it
 
Sagitario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK: High Wycombe ... Spain: Alicante
Posts: 57
Default

Courtesy of The Telegraph.co.uk online …

… the wit and wisdom (the Telegraph's words, not mine) of one Michael ‘Motormouth’ O’Leary

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Click on the "View This Gallery" next and previous tabs to turn the pages.
Sagitario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 10:21 AM   #42
gtappend
Mega Forero
 
gtappend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oberursel, Germany
Posts: 262
Default

I've just read about the latest "saving" that Ryanair is planning, and since it's not 1st April, I thought I'd share it with you all:

Ryanair plans to scrap co-pilots and train stewardesses to land aircraft

Of course, it may just be a publicity stunt...
gtappend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 11:50 AM   #43
gary
Samuri Forero
 
gary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 2,724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtappend View Post
I've just read about the latest "saving" that Ryanair is planning, and since it's not 1st April, I thought I'd share it with you all:

Ryanair plans to scrap co-pilots and train stewardesses to land aircraft

Of course, it may just be a publicity stunt...
They will definitely make money by charging passengers to use the toilets
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 09:23 PM   #44
dimonió
Super Forero
 
dimonió's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Durham / Mallorca
Posts: 199
Default

Love this clip about the perils of budget airlines.....

dimonió is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 10:01 PM   #45
saffron
Forero Senior
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Inglaterra
Posts: 53
Default

Loved the music and message. Have had good and bad experiences on ryanair. worst was a flight back from Girona on 17th March some years ago. we had a comfortable seat near front of plane when I was boxed in by last passenger a drunk loud irish woman clutching booze. she had a long loud conversation with the stewardess whilst the stewardess tried to remove the booze whe was trying to drink I do remember her self rightous justification " I am a f****ing teacher" from conversation she was intending to fly from stansted to Ireland - suspect she may not have got her connecting flight. at one stage I remember the stewardess threatening to offload her in France - but I thought it was unlikely they would pay additional landing costs - and I was right!
saffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 10:39 PM   #46
Pippa
GigaForero
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Lorenzo del Escorial
Posts: 1,336
Default

What a laugh!
Pippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 12:44 AM   #47
Lupine Chemist
Forero
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Madrid
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffron View Post
Loved the music and message. Have had good and bad experiences on ryanair. worst was a flight back from Girona on 17th March some years ago. we had a comfortable seat near front of plane when I was boxed in by last passenger a drunk loud irish woman clutching booze. she had a long loud conversation with the stewardess whilst the stewardess tried to remove the booze whe was trying to drink I do remember her self rightous justification " I am a f****ing teacher" from conversation she was intending to fly from stansted to Ireland - suspect she may not have got her connecting flight. at one stage I remember the stewardess threatening to offload her in France - but I thought it was unlikely they would pay additional landing costs - and I was right!
I think one shouldn't fly an Irish airline on 17 March if not alright with drunkards.
Lupine Chemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 09:59 AM   #48
Tumbit
Forero
 
Tumbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine Chemist View Post
I think one shouldn't fly an Irish airline on 17 March if not alright with drunkards.
It's a kind of vicious circle, becuase when I'm in the airport waiting to board a Ryanair flight, I know that I will need a couple of drinks inside me to keep my cool.... times that by 300 travellers and at least half a dozen who can't hold their drink.
Tumbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 03:12 PM   #49
fawlty
Super Forero
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Javier, Murcia
Posts: 198
Default I Hate Ryanair

Touchy subject this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lar-money.html
fawlty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks
Learn REAL Spanish now!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.