Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Spain Forum > Spain Travel - Advice and Experiences

Notices

Old 6th July 2010, 12:32 PM   #1
amanda99
Forero

Smile getting the most out of studying a language abroad

Hiya

I'm off to Argentina shortly to do a four week intensive spanish course and some tips on how to get the best out of it would be great.

I've just finished and can mostly understand the intermediate podcasts but the advanced ones are too hard for me at the moment.

I know it's not possible in any way to learn a language in a month but I just want to get the best out of it possible. I'll be living with a host family and taking lessons everyday.

Thanks for any advice
amanda99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 03:14 PM   #2
MCP
Super Forero

No specific advice except to say that I know quite a few Argentinians and though their Spanish can be a bit hard to understand at first they are on the whole very friendly and patient people. So just get started talking, don't worry about making mistakes, ask when you don't understand or don't know how to say anything and you'll see an improvement in days. As you'll be living with a family, you'll be surrounded by Spanish every day and within no time you'll practically start to think in the language. Slight exaggeration, maybe, but get back to us when your trip is done and see if I'm right or not.
MCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 06:08 PM   #3
j7david
Forero

See if there's any website for the city where you'll be living where people post "my Spanish for your English" type intercambio requests.
j7david is offline   Reply With Quote