Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Warm up area > A nice place for new members to say hello

Notices

Old 3rd October 2010, 08:00 PM   #1
Harry Lime
Forero

Default Hola de la Región de los Lagos

Hi all

As yet I don't have the confidence to write in Spanish as I have only been learning for about 2-3 months. Even though as I'm writing this, I am translating the words to Spanish, just nowhere close to fluent! Anyways; I just wanted to say thanks to Ben and Marina for their hard work; this is proving to be an invaluable resource for myself. The reason I have started learning is because my brother lived and worked in Spain for a year and a half and came back to England fairly fluent. I have not long finished Uni and have always wanted to learn Spanish, so now have the time in which to dedicate myself. I am pretty much immersing myself in all things Spanish in my spare time; reading Spanish books and websites; listening to Spanish-speaking music; reading grammar books; listening to the podcasts; speaking with my brother and even changing the settings on all my portable devices as to only display the Spanish language text. This way I learnt another Falsos Amigo by way of my MP3 player; Carpeta - which means Folder in Spanish!

Finally; my real name isn't Harry Lime. Some of you probably know that Harry Lime is the character out of The Third Man; the book series as translated by Orson Welles. I use it all the time when I post on social networks. If I could go back and choose my name again I would call myself El Hombre Tercero.

Okay, that's all for the time being, speak soon.

Harry
Harry Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2010, 08:33 PM   #2
Margot
ViajeraVerdaderaVirtual

Hola "Tercer Hombre" y bienvenido
Tu manera de estudiar me parece perfecto.
Y con tanto ánimo de mejorar tu español.....¡alcanzarás el nivel de tu hermano dentro de poco!
Margot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2010, 09:02 PM   #3
evita13
Forero

Hi, Harry! I love the music in that movie! I would like to ask you something, you said you are studing at University, I'm trying to get a scholarship to do a Master in Spanish. Do you know is any internet link to know about international scholarships at American Universities? I hope you aprendas mucho español en esta página, un saludo.
evita13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2010, 04:19 PM   #4
Harry Lime
Forero

Sorry, for the dealy, I don't have regular Internet access...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margot View Post
Hola "Tercer Hombre" y bienvenido
Tu manera de estudiar me parece perfecto.
Y con tanto ánimo de mejorar tu español.....¡alcanzarás el nivel de tu hermano dentro de poco!

Gracias para las palabras simpático

Quote:
Originally Posted by evita13 View Post
you said you are studing at University, I'm trying to get a scholarship to do a Master in Spanish. Do you know is any internet link to know about international scholarships at American Universities?
Unfortunately, I am not studying at Univerity. I have took it upon myself to learn independently by way of a computer course; reading grammar book and Spanish language story books; speaking with my brother etc.

Sorry, but I don't know of any links to help you.

Last edited by Harry Lime; 17th October 2010 at 04:48 PM.
Harry Lime is offline   Reply With Quote