Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Podcast Comments > Notes from Spain Podcast Comments

Notices

Old 22nd April 2008, 03:12 PM   #1
nathalex
Forero

Default Missing my podcast fix!!

Hi Ben from a not so warm Weston-super-Mare!!

Hope all is well with you and Marina.

Was just wondering when I'm likely to get my next NFS podcast fix? At the risk of inflating your ego , of all of the podcasts that I subscribe to yours is the one that I look forward to the most!! Even if it's of you on the balcony with the phone ringing in the background ...!

Hasta Pronto,

Antony.
nathalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 03:40 PM   #2
eldeano
He's the most tip top

Hola Anthony. Bienvenido al foro.

I suspect you'll just have to go cold turkey for a little longer.
eldeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 03:47 PM   #3
nathalex
Forero

Smile

... I've been sat in a corner, hugging my own knees, swaying slowly from side to side, and sobbing for a couple of weeks trying to get over it but if I'm going to have to wait a bit longer I will .... no pressure Ben but the next one had better be worth the wait lol ...
Old 22nd April 2008, 05:11 PM   #4
Ben
Hero Forero

Hi Antony, Marina and I are going to have a 'what next' meeting tomorrow (we try and have one every Monday but have got a bit delayed this week!) and the first thing on the agenda is what we are going to do next with the NFS podcasts - so they will be back soon! What would you like to hear in the next episodes?

Oh, and yes, the pressure is really on now!!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 06:12 PM   #5
nathalex
Forero

Smile

OMG ... now you're putting me under pressure!!!

For me it's just the whole atmosphere of the country that does it for me.

I joked about the podcast in the balcony where you rambled about what was going on in the appartments opposite, but I really liked that concept! Just 'normal' life, the sights and sounds. May be do a series of one a month podcasts for a year as the city moves throught the different seasons and how that effects life there ... what it's like in the heat of the summer, what Christmas is like there, the highs and low of a year in Madrid ... even just take us for a walk around areas of the city, with software like Google Earth we could follow in your footsteps as you talk about it and let us actually hear what it is like there!

The pods that you do on your travel are also a great listen, the one you did in Barcelona a year or two back inspired me to visit the Boqueria Market, and take a walk around the back streets of the city when I was there last February and again last July. I'm so glad I did as well, seeing the old parts of the city that most tourists would never see!

In summary ... more of the same I think!

And the pictures ... well ... what can I say other than stunning!

Well that's my rambling done ... and we are even getting a bit of hazy Spring sun coming in through the window here in WsM now ...! All we need is the Swifts and Swallows to show up and I could almost pretend to be over there with you ... except that we still have the heating on and I'm sure you haven't!!!
Old 22nd April 2008, 07:14 PM   #6
Ben
Hero Forero

Right, you're on, lots of the above coming this very week and as often as possible from then on. Thanks for the inspiration
Old 22nd April 2008, 09:20 PM   #7
Acosta
Mega Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Hi Antony, Marina and I are going to have a 'what next' meeting tomorrow (we try and have one every Monday but have got a bit delayed this week!) and the first thing on the agenda is what we are going to do next with the NFS podcasts - so they will be back soon! What would you like to hear in the next episodes?

Oh, and yes, the pressure is really on now!!
El papá está aquí en EEUU y el habló sobre las problemas con los sacerdotes (monjes¿?) y los jovenes.

¿Qué se lo haya hecho?
Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 05:29 AM   #8
jpatino
Aficionado23

Default How about Sevilla?

You haven't touched on Sevilla yet. I used to live there, and man is it a great city with a small town feel. Semana Santa and the Feria have both passed, and what an opportunity that would have been. Either way there are still tons of things to do out there. My recommendation: visit the barrio de Triana. The story behind Carmen and the fabrica de tobacco which is now the university would be great, and how triumphant bullfighters are carried across the street to kiss the feet of her statue.

Another place that is great is the barrio de Heliopolis. Especially during match days for Real Betis or even more so for the derby between Sevilla and Betis.

I have a friend out there who would be a great guide for you. He speaks english and is a great cultural touchstone for the history and lifestyle in Sevilla. He used to be a guide there and his family has some interesting ties to the history of the monarchy prior to civil war. Just a suggestion.
jpatino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 08:16 AM   #9
Ben
Hero Forero

Seville would be a great podcast, and one we haven't done yet, so thanks, duly noted!
Old 23rd April 2008, 09:01 AM   #10
nathalex
Forero

Quote:
Right, you're on, lots of the above coming this very week and as often as possible from then on. Thanks for the inspiration
Always a pleasure .... never a chore ...
Old 23rd April 2008, 11:35 PM   #11
Ben
Hero Forero

Here we go, new podcast is up. Something different for a change, but a bit of terrace chat too as requested
Old 24th April 2008, 08:56 AM   #12
nathalex
Forero

Top fella!!
Old 9th July 2008, 08:30 PM   #13
nathalex
Forero

Ben ....... have you forgotten to do something recently ..... . Too busy sitting by the pool watching football, tennis and Bob Dylan huh!!
Old 10th July 2008, 07:40 AM   #14
greytop
Hero Forero

It's July, sorry Spain is closed until September
greytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 02:44 PM   #15
Ben
Hero Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathalex View Post
Ben ....... have you forgotten to do something recently ..... . Too busy sitting by the pool watching football, tennis and Bob Dylan huh!!
I refer you to the mighty words of Greytop:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greytop View Post
It's July, sorry Spain is closed until September
Actually, too busy updating store software and making podcasts for notesinspanish! NFS podcasts will come and go like the rain in Madrid, but not necessarily at the same time.
Old 12th July 2008, 07:54 PM   #16
gary
Samuri Forero

Quote:
NFS podcasts will come and go like the rain in Madrid, but not necessarily at the same time.
here it is on cue!!

sorry the sky is blown - its an iPhone!!
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 11:43 AM   #17
nathalex
Forero

Talking

Quote:
Actually, too busy updating store software and making podcasts for notesinspanish! NFS podcasts will come and go like the rain in Madrid, but not necessarily at the same time.
No problem Ben ... it'll all the more sweeter when we get it due to the anticipation ..!
Old 13th July 2008, 10:37 PM   #18
gastephen
..es que yo no estoy loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
here it is on cue!!

sorry the sky is blown - its an iPhone!!
"This album is unavailable."
gastephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 11:20 PM   #19
gary
Samuri Forero

not having a problem here even got it on my phone but it's all mac gear - will try it out on XP and IE6 at work tomorrow -try again and let me know of there's still a problem
Old 13th July 2008, 11:23 PM   #20
gary
Samuri Forero

Ahhh, I see....

Fixed it

Mira - Sol cuando sol no hay