Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Other Matters > Forum Admin and News

Notices

Old 8th November 2010, 05:39 PM   #21
SrCandas
Super Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldeano View Post
What chat group?
You haven't been reading the posts have you. Started 9th September. Main driving force Juan Carlos of Pontevedra.

Lots of references in "En espanol hablas". The new foro will have links to it

Wait for it, wait forr it .............................
SrCandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 06:44 PM   #22
SrCandas
Super Forero

With Ben and Marina's blessing a new foro has been born. It is not like this one yet. It is rough. It has a few ads 'cause it is free. It has very few categories or forums (thanks for the tip Ben ) And it may well move to a nicer residence when the economy improves. But whatever it will get better.

Just felt we had to keep the momentum going or we would never get it together again

If you want to join and maintain the spirit of this place please give it a go.

It will not be a total mirror image of here (it can't be), it will evolve, hopefully with your help.

http://espengforo.freeforums.org

Cheers Nigel

Last edited by SrCandas; 8th November 2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 8th November 2010, 06:56 PM   #23
ashalita
Forero

I've only been a member for a short while, yet I can honestly say that I've learnt and experienced so much over the past few months that has really fuelled my passion for studying Spanish.

I'd just like to say thank you so much Ben and Marina for dedicating your time and energy into this positive endeavour. It's been a real pleasure to have been part of the NFS community. Best wishes for the future!

Once again, thanks to everyone for making this forum such an inspirational place to learn. I'm gonna miss everyone
ashalita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 10:32 PM   #24
eldeano
He's the most tip top

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrCandas View Post
You haven't been reading the posts have you. Started 9th September. Main driving force Juan Carlos of Pontevedra.
Naughty me! I seem to have spent time examining the content of some posts (with a moderating hat on) without really reading the content as I go along.
eldeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2010, 01:51 PM   #25
Legazpi
Mega Forero

Sad to see the forum go - but understandable if it takes up so much of people's free time to maintain it (cheers Greytop, Ben and the rest of the mods).

I've learnt a hell of a lot here over the past few years, and it's given me something to do during my coffee break(s). Most of all it has allowed me to meet some great people.

I'll be keeping an eye on the Facebook discussion group - where I guess I'll have to be more careful with my posts since I can't hide behind my avatar . Hopefully we can all stay in touch there!
Legazpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2010, 07:57 PM   #26
Forero

It's an upsetting thing. I was kinda hoping to blabber a bit more.

It's been a pretty dedicated thing, learning the language. There's been a lot of things that have been part of that. But this has figured pretty highly.

I do appreciate it having been possible. And, maybe I can drop in a couple of lines, yet.

Joel
1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2010, 01:58 AM   #27
Grimace
Big and Purple

I'm really disappointed to hear this is happening. This place has all the language help you can find on WordReference.com, yet with a much friendlier and laid-back approach to things. It's definitely (been) one of my favourite forums on the Internet.

Thanks for providing it all the same, Ben & Marina!
Grimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2010, 08:45 AM   #28
Ben
Hero Forero

Thanks for all the lovely messages - I sort of didn't realise just how great this place was until you all told me again now! It's been such fun to set up and keep an eye on, but really it's the foreros that have made it this great, not me and Marina!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2010, 08:43 PM   #29
guapo
Mega Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Thanks for all the lovely messages - I sort of didn't realise just how great this place was until you all told me again now! It's been such fun to set up and keep an eye on, but really it's the foreros that have made it this great, not me and Marina!
just wanted to add my thanks to Ben, Marina and all the mods who kept this place running over the last few years. It has indeed been fun :-)
guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2010, 11:00 PM   #30
mightykaboosh
Mega Forero

In the words of Craig Revel Hallwood O.M.G

I feel like Jimmy Mistry after Sunday's Strictly

I'd just like to thank Ben & Marina for all the time and effort they've invested in creating such a powerful NIS brand. Together they've forged a unique style which was/ is so very, very appealing.

People have tried to mimic the NIS format, however none come close to the Abingdon/ Madrid combo that is notesfromspain/ notesinspanish.

Thanks to the unsung heros, moderators (Greytop, Edith (RIP) Valenciason & Gary) you're patience is legendary! (especially after my constant barrage of reflexive pronoun questions)

Un Saludo desde Shrewsbury

Last edited by mightykaboosh; 10th November 2010 at 11:23 PM.
mightykaboosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2010, 12:14 AM   #31
delgado
Mega Forero

Just read the news, will be very sad to see the end of this great forum!
Many thanks to Ben and Marina, all the mods, and all the forum members past and present!
delgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2010, 11:02 AM   #32
saffron
Forero Senior

Default the forum is closing ...

I was so dissappointed when I read Ben's message. As i am not sure if closedown is midnight tonight or sometime tomorrow I am posting now.

I found NIS last year and was sufficiently impressed that I bought some of the podcasts and worksheets. I had been unable to go to the summer term of my evening class and put the money saved to the new purchase - the only spanish course I had bought online but as you all know it is excellent - I have the premium pack. I started dipping into the forum which was interesting and so helpful.

In February I joined and posted. It is when you become a member you feel a part of the community. I also joined GOLD a natural and happy next step.

For me Gold has now finished and before my first anniversary so to has the forum.

I have been so impressed by the professionalism of the forum for which Ben Marina and the Mods must be responsible but probably others we will never know and that it is combined with a warm friendliness. It is particularly impressive that native and fluent spanish speakers are so willing to correct and advise. In my short time here I would like to say Pippa should have the blue ribbon.

I will still look at the forum archive on occasions - thanks Ben for keeping that option.

it shows the calibre of the forum that a new member has now started a new forum. Thankyou. I have now joined another forum for the second time and though it will not be same I hope the community spirit will allow it to thrive.

hasta la vista. buena suerte
its been fun

saffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2010, 01:51 PM   #33
Ben
Hero Forero

Thanks Saffron (and everyone else!) for such a lovely message/s! As for Gold, please keep keep yourself signed up for the Notes in Spanish newsletter, big news about that coming next week!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2010, 06:05 PM   #34
dimonió
Super Forero

The news has come as a bit of a blow. The forum has been an invaluable link, a source or information and of new friends for the past 5 years. Very sorry to see that it is going - shame you could not have found a way to make it commercially viable for someone to take on.

I wish you all the best in the future and will definitely be checking your future news on Notes in Spanish, if only to find out how Leo is getting on!! We've all known him more or less since the day he was born.

Best wishes to everyone else as well, I'll miss the chat, the photos and the people.
dimonió is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2010, 08:29 PM   #35
eldeano
He's the most tip top

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimonió View Post
The news has come as a bit of a blow. The forum has been an invaluable link, a source or information and of new friends for the past 5 years. Very sorry to see that it is going - shame you could not have found a way to make it commercially viable for someone to take on.

I wish you all the best in the future and will definitely be checking your future news on Notes in Spanish, if only to find out how Leo is getting on!! We've all known him more or less since the day he was born.

Best wishes to everyone else as well, I'll miss the chat, the photos and the people.
I hope you'll join us on http://espengforo.freeforums.org/. There is bound to be some football stuff appearing soon
Old 11th November 2010, 09:12 PM   #36
ValenciaSon
Hero Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldeano View Post
I hope you'll join us on http://espengforo.freeforums.org/. There is bound to be some football stuff appearing soon
Don't forget the soccer.
ValenciaSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2010, 09:52 PM   #37
eldeano
He's the most tip top

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValenciaSon View Post
Don't forget the soccer.
Yes, that too.
Old 11th November 2010, 10:02 PM   #38
SrCandas
Super Forero

If dimonio joins I'll start a soccer thread Serious offer.

Go on, you know your worth it
Old 11th November 2010, 10:33 PM   #39
eldeano
He's the most tip top

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrCandas View Post
If dimonio joins I'll start a soccer thread Serious offer.
Too late.
Old 11th November 2010, 11:05 PM   #40
Acosta
Mega Forero

Ben & Marina,

1st i can thank you enough for the forum. I was a great adjunct to your podcasts. Thanks for such a great success

2nd I will really miss this forum. I have participated in many over the years this truely is one of the best with out a doubt.

I mentioned this to you at the GME once but the podcasts really saved my spanish and this forum as well was the constant source of inspration to want to keep going.

At this point I feel lacking in words. Truely I think I soaked up every blog post you ever had about Spain.

You should sponsor a GME someday

Cheers

Mil Gracias

Now I will cry in my caña

Last edited by Acosta; 11th November 2010 at 11:26 PM.
Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote