Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Spain Forum > Spain Travel - Advice and Experiences

Notices

Old 25th November 2006, 03:13 AM   #1
Alan
El Listo ;)

Default Sticky Vicky-Benidorm (DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!)

I can't remember if I have mentioned this before on the forum or not, but I definitely spoke to Ben about it. "Sticky Vicky" is a 65-year-old adult entertainer who works in Benidorm with her daughter. As one person put it, she "fires ping pong balls out of places other than her mouth". Other tricks include the use razor blades and fire.

As she is getting on a bit, her daughter opens the show for her now. It's nice to carry on the family business. I suppose she'll be about 45. I wonder if there's a granddaughter coming to follow in her footsteps too.

The reason I bring all of this up is that I have some photos of her. They are not mine, and I will not post them here without Ben's permission which I don't expect to get. If you particularly want to see pictures (which contain nudity, but nothing vulgar) you can let me know

I haven't been to see this act, the photos aren't mine, and I don't particularly want to see the act. All of this is in the aim of public education
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2006, 08:51 AM   #2
omeyas
Solo chapurreo el español

We popped in to see Benidorm a few years ago, as we were inthe area, to see if it was as bad as I thought it was. It was worse, never used all of the 2 hour parking, left to find somewhere less Blackpooly! I'm happy that it makes a lot of people happy, but it definately ain't for me. Not even Sticky Vicky could entice me back!
omeyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2006, 09:43 AM   #3
gary
Samuri Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by omeyas View Post
We popped in to see Benidorm a few years ago, as we were inthe area, to see if it was as bad as I thought it was. It was worse, never used all of the 2 hour parking, left to find somewhere less Blackpooly! I'm happy that it makes a lot of people happy, but it definately ain't for me. Not even Sticky Vicky could entice me back!
you clearly hit the shit hole end of benidorm - try York on a saturday night for the same effect
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2006, 10:19 AM   #4
omeyas
Solo chapurreo el español

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
you clearly hit the shit hole end of benidorm
Is there a nice end? I missed it if there was.
Seriously, it makes a lot of people happy, so that's a good thing, but like Torremolinos, Fuengirola, Benalmádena et al, it would never be my chosen destination. My sister is spending Christmas there and I'll know they'll love it, but I declined when they asked us to join them.
omeyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2006, 11:47 AM   #5
gary
Samuri Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by omeyas View Post
Is there a nice end? I missed it if there was.
Seriously, it makes a lot of people happy, so that's a good thing, but like Torremolinos, Fuengirola, Benalmádena et al, it would never be my chosen destination. My sister is spending Christmas there and I'll know they'll love it, but I declined when they asked us to join them.
You were there for less than 2 hours - the resort is 6km long, I assure you that there are areas which are typically spanish - I'm not sure what you would regard as 'nice'. There is a part of Benalmadena that is the Blackpool section (Near McDonalds and In fromt of the H Balmoral) - tacky gift shops and good old english menus - you would find it hard to distinguish it from the same type of area in Benidorm. If you do go back find the Cava Aragoneza tapas bar and walk through to the narrow streets at the back - which has a selection of bars and eateries that could be in any city in spain, no beach balls, no meat n 2 veg and no English Spoken...
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2006, 12:23 PM   #6
Señora
Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
You were there for less than 2 hours - the resort is 6km long, I assure you that there are areas which are typically spanish - I'm not sure what you would regard as 'nice'. There is a part of Benalmadena that is the Blackpool section (Near McDonalds and In fromt of the H Balmoral) - tacky gift shops and good old english menus - you would find it hard to distinguish it from the same type of area in Benidorm. If you do go back find the Cava Aragoneza tapas bar and walk through to the narrow streets at the back - which has a selection of bars and eateries that could be in any city in spain, no beach balls, no meat n 2 veg and no English Spoken...
Totally agree Gary, it is impossible to see all that Benidorm has to offer in 2 hours, infact it is impossible to see everything in 1 week.

Sticky Vicky has become a permanent fixture of Benidorm and by the sheer fact that her shows are performed after midnight until the early hours, plus they are billboarded as an adult erotic/magician/illusionist sex show, then anyone who choses to go and see her, should have some idea of what to expect.

You wouldn't take your granny or children to see an adult show in the UK, so why do it in Benidorm.?
She still pulls the crowds in, even after all these years, so blame the audience.
Señora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2006, 02:41 PM   #7
Ben
Hero Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
The reason I bring all of this up is that I have some photos of her. They are not mine, and I will not post them here without Ben's permission which I don't expect to get. If you particularly want to see pictures (which contain nudity, but nothing vulgar) you can let me know
Hmmm. Better not post them here just in case someone gets upset (it has happened before!) but you are welcome to email me a couple for journalistic reasons if you like
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2006, 02:47 PM   #8
ValenciaSon
Hero Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Hmmm. Better not post them here just in case someone gets upset (it has happened before!) but you are welcome to email me a couple for journalistic reasons if you like
Ben, if you are still unsure as to whether the photos are appropriate or not, send them to me
ValenciaSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2006, 03:23 PM   #9
greytop
Hero Forero

Good old Sticky has many afficionados as a quick google search will affirm!
Then there's Sexy Sophie, Sexy Barbara, Juicy Lucy. .........
greytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2006, 06:04 PM   #10
landlady
vodcaster

I called my very first car Jucy Lucy - a Ford popular sit up and beg type old banger ('scus the pun) that I painted bright red. Her name was not because of her sexy antics, but because, to me not having much money, she was a petrol guzzler.
I was very fond of her
landlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2006, 07:25 PM   #11
Nic
Forero Senior

When I was in Benidorm and out on a night out me and my friend went into this bar to watch this act that was coming on next, a tribute to Meat Loaf but there was this act who was just finishing up and the bloke outside said go in and see Sticky Vicky shes not that bad. Now being new to Benidorm and not knowing exactly what we were letting ourselves in for we headed straight in. I have never seen anything more revolting in my life!! I am seriously mentally scarred by it.....
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 09:48 PM   #12
Tony
Super Forero

Estoy de acuerdo con Frank pero en España se dice "cada loco con su tema"

Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2006, 05:16 PM   #13
Edith
Pangolin Forero

No me acuerdo mucho de mis clases franceses pero en francés se dice: 'chacun a son goût' .
Edith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2006, 05:18 PM   #14
Edith
Pangolin Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Estoy de acuerdo con Frank pero en España se dice "cada loco con su tema"

<----------------------

Edith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007, 05:42 PM   #15
cinnamon
Novato

Default Sticky Vicky

Now, does any one know Sticky Vicky's daughter name?
Is something like De Maria Layton? Doing some research on this and need proper spelling. Many thanks
Derek
cinnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2007, 10:36 PM   #16
DocMolly
Molita

I'm think I saw such a ping pong ball act in a drag queen movie. I can't remember the name. Something like "Priscilla, Queen of the"...and then I can't remember more. Can someone help me out? Or am I hallucinating?
DocMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 01:16 AM   #17
Palmerito
El Perro

You are not hallucinating. The movie was an Australian movie - very entertaining, by the way - called "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" starring Terrence Stamp, Hugo Weaving and Guy Pearce as drag queens who travel to Alice Springs, Australia from Sydney across the desert in a bus painted pink. Hilarity ensues. One of my all time favourite movies.

Last edited by Palmerito; 4th September 2007 at 01:18 AM.
Palmerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 06:49 PM   #18
DocMolly
Molita

Yes that's it Palmerito! I thought it was Australian, but the more I recalled the movie the more I thought I may have been hallucinating...I did see in in college after all. I do remember it was great fun, and that we laughed out loud through most of it. Thanks, I'm going to have to rent it now.
DocMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 12:03 PM   #19
Ben
Hero Forero

Seeing as 'Sticky Vicky' is still one of the biggest google searches leading to this page, I thought I should keep people up to date on this marvelous lady:

from Trip Advisor:

Quote:
Another stripper by the name of sexy barbara has registered the name Sticky Vicky as her trading name and the real Sticky can't use that name anymore even though she's used it for donkeys years. The case even went to court and Sticky lost out. So if you see the name Sticky Vicky it's not the real one, it's the new one. The real Sticky uses her real name which is Vicky Leyton. If you want to see her she is at the Palladium at 12.15am as well as Zodiac and the Star & Garter 1.30am I think as well as many other venues.
I so want to make that podcast...
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 12:40 PM   #20
eldeano
He's the most tip top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Seeing as 'Sticky Vicky' is still one of the biggest google searches leading to this page, I thought I should keep people up to date on this marvellous lady:

from Trip Advisor:
You just happened to stumble across it, did you?

Quote:
I so want to make that podcast...
If you need someone to hold your microphone...
eldeano is offline   Reply With Quote