Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Spain Forum > Moving to Spain and Living in Spain

Notices

Old 24th January 2007, 07:03 AM   #1
MateoB678
Forero

Default Moving to Spain

So, I just bought my ticket to Spain, and now I must say, I am extremely nervous but very excited! I, also, wanted to thank everyone for all the information on this forum and Ben and Marina for all their wonderful podcasts and optimism and encouragement for those considering moving to Spain. So, hopefully I will see some of you during my time in Spain!

-Matt B.
MateoB678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 09:06 AM   #2
Ben
Hero Forero

Hi Matt, congratulations! You will not regret this decision! If you need any more help you know where to ask!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 07:19 PM   #3
Mike_2
Forero Senior

Hola Matt - Congratulations! Where are you moving to and when?
-Mike
Mike_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 07:25 PM   #4
djS
4 Doors of Madrid

Matt B will the best and fill us in on more when and where you heading to in Spain
any help just asks

jurdy
djS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 08:01 PM   #5
MateoB678
Forero

Thank you all so much! I will be leaving March 12th, and I'm going to be staying in Madrid, although I'm not sure where I guess I'll figure it out when I get there. I will keep you all updated, and I'm sure I will have plenty of questions for you all as the time grows nearer.
Old 30th January 2007, 04:10 AM   #6
Viajero26
Forero

I know I told you before, but I'm rooting for ya, Matt! Keep us posted and who knows, I may see you over there in a year or so (less?)!
Viajero26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2007, 11:17 AM   #7
NIeves
Forero Senior

Hola Mateo

Oh I do understand your feelings very well!!! I'm also moving to Spain in March and I am so scared because it's a big step even if I'm a spaniard (grew up in Switzerland and never lived in Spain). So good luckand I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
NIeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2007, 05:49 AM   #8
MateoB678
Forero

Viajero: Thanks for the support, when you move out here I will be rooting for you when you move out here.

NIeves: have you bought your plane ticket yet? It all became very real once I bought my plane ticket. And I must admit, I'm scared out of my mind but my desire to live in Spain outweighs all my fears.

-Matt
Old 31st January 2007, 09:20 AM   #9
NIeves
Forero Senior

Well, I'm not travelling by plane. I get there by car. But I'm selling und giving away my belongings that I don't want to keep and are not very important (like books of literature etc.)
Old 31st January 2007, 10:47 AM   #10
ValenciaSon
Hero Forero

So Nieves, just curious, what kind of accent do you have?
ValenciaSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2007, 11:32 AM   #11
NIeves
Forero Senior

In which löanguage? hahahah
I don't know if I've got an accent speaking spanish as it is the language I speak at home with my folks since birth.
When I speak german, people will know that I grew up in Switzerland.
Speaking english it's obvious that I come from a german speaking country. And for the rest french and italian I suppose that I've got an accent (I don't know it).
Old 31st January 2007, 03:42 PM   #12
Marina
NFS Admin

Good luck for you both!!!

Keep us updated with your progress.

Marina.
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2007, 04:59 PM   #13
NIeves
Forero Senior

To change a little bit: Spanish

Muchisimas gracias Marina. Os tendre informados ya que todo esta tan cerca que no me lo creo. Llevo muchos años luchando por poder vivir en España. Es decir tener una carrera etc. Siempre fue mi sueño poder vivir en el pais de mis raices y por fin..... yupiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Old 1st February 2007, 10:57 AM   #14
Ben
Hero Forero

Great news! I was terrified when I got on the train to Spain (and for the first few days), but things turned out ok in the end Let us know when you get to Madrid and we can all get together some time. At last there is an NFS Madrid contingent forming, to begin with everyone just moved to Barcelona!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2007, 07:03 AM   #15
MateoB678
Forero

Marina: Thanks for the encouragement!

Ben: That makes me feel so much better!! At least I'm not the only one who has been scared.

-Matt
Old 3rd February 2007, 04:21 PM   #16
NIeves
Forero Senior

Default I've been reading the advices Ben gives

I've been reading those advices Ben has once given on the Homepage. They are very good, thanx Ben!
I am selling a lot of belongings, I've got a flatmate and a flat to go living (actually my sister lives since 5 years in Barcelona and we're going to move together to another flat as soon as I find a job). My friends also say what you're going to Spain?? You must be crazy. But it has been my dream for a long time. I'm organising (organizing???) a goodbye dinner.
So it is going to happen!!! And I'm very proud of myself that I'm doing this step

Old 3rd February 2007, 04:34 PM   #17
greytop
Hero Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIeves View Post
I've been reading those the advices Ben has once given on the Homepage. They are very good, thanx Ben!
I am selling a lot of belongings, I've got a flatmate and a flat to go and live in(actually my sister lives since has lived for 5 years in Barcelona and we're going to move together to another flat as soon as I find a job). My friends also say what why are you you're going to Spain?? You must be crazy. But it has been my dream for a long time. I'm organising (organizing??? American!) a goodbye (or farewell) dinner.
So it is going to happen!!! And I'm very proud of myself that I'm doing taking this step

It will help having someone to show you the way to do things. Safe journey and hope you enjoy your new life.
I've made a couple of suggestions for your English although the way you say it is understandable. We need a "strikethrough" in the post editor Ben . Small world, my neighbours in Pego are Swiss as well. One (Swiss-Italian) speaks only a little English so we converse in Spanish with her and English with her husband. It makes for some interesting three way conversations!
greytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2007, 04:38 PM   #18
NIeves
Forero Senior

Oh goodness

So many mistakes! Thank you for the corrections.
Old 3rd February 2007, 06:00 PM   #19
ValenciaSon
Hero Forero

Organizing is just fine!
ValenciaSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 08:41 PM   #20
Viajero26
Forero

Default Big Day

I'm sure I don't need to remind you that the big day is coming up! Are there any last-minute preparations you've made? Any last minute advice you need?
Have a safe trip!
Viajero26 is offline   Reply With Quote