Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum

Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum (http://www.notesfromspain.com/forums/index.php)
-   Geek's Corner (http://www.notesfromspain.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Dont buy anything from Apple... (http://www.notesfromspain.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11102)

gary 25th May 2010 10:43 AM

Dont buy anything from Apple...
 
... Yet

The World wide developers conference happens on 7th June - there will definitely be new stuff - at a guess a new iPhone, update to iPad software to fix teething problems and there is always a drop in prices.

My latest purchase is an app called Blogpress - allows me to blog straight from the phone including formatted images and tags - keeps my kids mums informed...

iPad on order - Michael brought one back from America and it is a thing of beauty - has some bugs though, cant type into some text fields on web pages:eek: - they'll fix it with a software update but its an inconvenience...

Ben 25th May 2010 11:43 AM

Which ipad did you go for, 3G?

ValenciaSon 25th May 2010 12:30 PM

As much as I'm tempted, I'm holding off on the iPad. I wonder if this year's new 4G iPhone will lead to next year's 4G iPad. I went to a friend's home last weekend for a barbecue and I saw his. Folks were in awe as they passed it around. Leslie got real nervous.

Acosta 25th May 2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValenciaSon (Post 89318)
As much as I'm tempted, I'm holding off on the iPad. I wonder if this year's new 4G iPhone will lead to next year's 4G iPad. I went to a friend's home last weekend for a barbecue and I saw his. Folks were in awe as they passed it around. Leslie got real nervous.

techno-lust is a dangerous sickness :)

gary 25th May 2010 10:11 PM

Ben - I have persuaded my current employer I need one so it'll be 64GB 3G and all the peripherals - cover, camera adapters, VGA connetter, power supply - I held off on the docks as the ipad doesn't dock in it's cover - I'm sure they'll fix that - the cover is ace!!
Having spent tim on the iPhone the virtual keyboard is simply luxurious.
It is an amazing thing to use - it's the computer for the living room handy but inconspicuous - when you're not using it it's a digital photo frame - if yo have kids no need to buy an in car DVD for long journeys, if you're fed up of tv read a book, great for films on an aeroplane, or even watching something worthwhile whilst she who must be obeyed is watching the soaps.

Ben 26th May 2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acosta (Post 89322)
techno-lust is a dangerous sickness :)

..and one afflicting the majority of human-kind these days!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gary (Post 89324)
Ben - I have persuaded my current employer I need one so it'll be 64GB 3G and all the peripherals - cover, camera adapters, VGA connetter, power supply - I held off on the docks as the ipad doesn't dock in it's cover - I'm sure they'll fix that - the cover is ace!!
Having spent tim on the iPhone the virtual keyboard is simply luxurious.
It is an amazing thing to use - it's the computer for the living room handy but inconspicuous - when you're not using it it's a digital photo frame - if yo have kids no need to buy an in car DVD for long journeys, if you're fed up of tv read a book, great for films on an aeroplane, or even watching something worthwhile whilst she who must be obeyed is watching the soaps.

Very nice! Still tempted... but not tempted enough yet :)

gary 26th May 2010 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben (Post 89337)
Very nice! Still tempted... but not tempted enough yet :)

Wait while you actually handle one (and an iPad)

Resistance is futile - you will be assimilated...

http://www.miconian.com/wp-content/u...en_of_nine.jpg

eldeano 26th May 2010 10:55 PM

Well I'm slobbering just a little bit...

ValenciaSon 26th May 2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gary (Post 89364)
Wait while you actually handle one (and an iPad)

Resistance is futile - you will be assimilated...

http://www.miconian.com/wp-content/u...en_of_nine.jpg

Technolust personified.

ValenciaSon 27th May 2010 02:07 AM

Wow!

gary 27th May 2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValenciaSon (Post 89368)

Dont get too excited its only market capitalisation - the Evil Empire still has more droids...

And they're trying to infiltrate

gary 27th May 2010 11:12 AM

Not enough screen space on your laptop? no problem - park stuff on your iPad


richardksa 27th May 2010 11:35 AM

I do this with my television. It cost me the cost of a cable, €7.

ValenciaSon 27th May 2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gary (Post 89373)
Dont get too excited its only market capitalisation - the Evil Empire still has more droids...

And they're trying to infiltrate

I see it more as "if you can't beat them, join them".

gary 27th May 2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardksa (Post 89375)
I do this with my television. It cost me the cost of a cable, €7.

Ahhh Richard... you're missing the point - quite deliberately of course!!;);)

I have the same discussion with my son as we flick from ordinary TV to HD - the story is still the same, but the emperors new clothes fit me fine!!

See you to discuss at length a fortnight tomorrow - ash cloud permitting.

greytop 28th May 2010 04:18 PM

Sorry Gary - they didn´t listen to you!

LINK
El iPad, prácticamente agotado en su primera hora en las tiendas

greytop 28th May 2010 04:20 PM

Meanwhile one man´s success = another's stress

LINK
La fabricante taiwanesa del iPad subirá sueldos empleados ante ola de suicidios

ValenciaSon 28th May 2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greytop (Post 89392)

There's an app for that

gary 29th May 2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greytop (Post 89391)


...except an iPad;)

Cide Hamete Benengeli VII 11th July 2010 03:23 PM

What news from the front?
 
Anything new to report, Gary?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gary (Post 89312)
... Yet

The World wide developers conference happens on 7th June - there will definitely be new stuff....



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.