Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum

Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum (http://www.notesfromspain.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your Spanish Vid-Blogs (http://www.notesfromspain.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   José Mota, a quality comedian (http://www.notesfromspain.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11559)

Julvenzor 8th October 2010 02:08 AM

José Mota, a quality comedian

José Mota is one of the many Spanish comedians what have shown over the years his enormous talent. He have realized numerous works where he pick on the topical political issues. Here, I have put two videos very hilarious. In both, José Mota play the role of Rajoy, leader of the oposition to the government. This last is Zapatero (It's his name, but as well "shoemaker" in English).

It's is subtitled in Spanish, so you won't lost any word, and it's perfect for those with a advanced level who want to know about everyday expressions. Also, I'd like to remember you that in the second video is "eaten" the "d", because it's written as it's pronunciated. I hope you enjoy them as much as to me.

Uriel 8th October 2010 04:06 AM

Quote:

José Mota is one of the many Spanish comedians what who have shown enormous talent over the years his enormous talent. He have realized has made numerous works (comedians usually have acts instead of works, though) where he picks on the topical political issues. Here, I have put two very hilarious videos very hilarious. In both, José Mota plays the role of Rajoy, leader of the opposition to the government. This last is Zapatero (It's his name, but as well also means "shoemaker" in English).

It's is subtitled in Spanish, so you won't lost miss any words, and it's perfect for those with an advanced level who want to know about everyday expressions. Also, I'd like to remember remind you that in the second video is "eaten" the "d" is "eaten" (we would probably say "swallowed" in English), because it's written as it's pronunciated pronounced. I hope you enjoy them as much as to me (or, more properly, as much as I do).

I think it's been twenty years since I heard Jesus Christ Superstar; I sure wasn't expecting to hear a parody of it! Can we assume this Rajoy person is a little sanctimonious and full of himself?

Pippa 8th October 2010 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uriel (Post 92613)
I think it's been twenty years since I heard Jesus Christ Superstar; I sure wasn't expecting to hear a parody of it! Can we assume this Rajoy person is a little sanctimonious and full of himself?

Well, tell me any country where somebody has lost two elections and is still the head of the shadow cabinet. (not sure how you call it in the US). So just imagine.

yunouguaramin 8th October 2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pippa (Post 92620)
So just imagine.

Sad, truly sad, sadly sad...
I think that George Bush junior was an brilliant and talented man if you compared him with Rajoy or Zapatero, or even if you compared him with the last two at the same time.

ZP y Rajoy, entre los dos nos están arrastrando al culo del mundo a toda velocidad...Dios se lo pague algún día.

ValenciaSon 8th October 2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yunouguaramin (Post 92634)
Sad, truly sad, sadly sad...
I think that George Bush junior was an brilliant and talented man if you compared him with Rajoy or Zapatero, or even if you compared him with the last two at the same time.

ZP y Rajoy, entre los dos nos están arrastrando al culo del mundo a toda velocidad...Dios se lo pague algún día.

Never saw the words "brilliant" and "talented" in the same sentence as George Bush.

Uriel 9th October 2010 03:06 AM

What IS a shadow cabinet?

Pippa 9th October 2010 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uriel (Post 92648)
What IS a shadow cabinet?

Well, I should't have used shadow cabinet as is such a British thing, but I could say he continues to be the leader of the opposition party.

The second video is a parody of this song: Tenía tanto que darte, de Nena Daconte

Uriel 9th October 2010 02:38 PM

"I had so much to give you?"

Uriel 9th October 2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pippa (Post 92653)
Well, I should't have used shadow cabinet as is such a British thing, but I could say he continues to be the leader of the opposition party.

¡No sabía que ellos fueron tan organizados como crear una replica exacta del gobierno en poder! Aprendo algo nuevo todos los días.

Pippa 9th October 2010 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uriel (Post 92658)
"I had so much to give you?"

Yes

Pippa 9th October 2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uriel (Post 92659)
¡No sabía que ellos fueran tan organizados como para crear una replica exacta del gobierno en el poder! Aprendo algo nuevo todos los días.

Muy organizados, sí.