View Single Post
Old 8th August 2010, 04:54 PM   #8
jonbulmer
Forero

Reading the last post from Uriel reminded me that we do infact drive on the left hand side of the road here in the United Kindom.
To give the country it formal name the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. All that goes down to UK I always find that a bit funny.
We tend to have to paid a bit more for our cars. For the fact that the cars have to be built with the driver seat on the right hand side of the car.
I have only ever driven on the right hand side of the road in Germany once. It was in 2006 when I hired a car to drive to the World cup match between
England and Portugal in Gelsenkirchen near Dortmund. The cars generally are manual transmision. This is different to the cars I was in the USA where they
where automatic. The cars in the USA whre also bigger than in the UK.
I am proud that we have a health service here which is free at the point of use.
It is paid for with a tax called National Insurance every one pays 9% of there salary. I know this system of health care is not used in the USA. But it is a
diffence betwen the countries. The UK is part of the European Union but we don't use the Euro as our currency we have the pound. 1 pound will get you
about $1.5 or 1.20 Euros.
jonbulmer is offline   Reply With Quote