View Single Post
Old 27th August 2007, 01:03 PM   #19
Pepino
Soy La Leche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldeano View Post
And then you'll be doing ..what?
Selling fake Rolex on the beach . Nah, everything's gone belly-up for me in the last few weeks. My employer has told me that I have to return to work in the UK. I immediately refused and 10 minutes later, I handed my notice in, and I'm serving my notice period as we speak.

The flat I was living in has been sold so I've had to move too, but that's gone great and I've been in my new place for just over a week, and it's perfect, so that's one major worry sorted.

I've been doing a few interviews during August for jobs in my field, which is difficult when most of the city is on holiday, but progress has been good and the general reaction has been positive. I'll hopefully know more by the end of the week on this as there are a couple of irons in the fire that are looking promising, but if not, then once we're in September and people return to work, things should really start moving (I hope!).

So, in a nutshell, the honeymoon is well and truly over. I always knew I had it relatively easy and it was possible that it could all go a bit gooey, but even though it's now happened, I'm actually OK about it given that I've been wanting to leave my company for a while now but always needed a push. Now I've got one hell of a push..... out the door! jeje

So long as I get sorted in the next few weeks, I'll be fine. Any more, and there'll be a collection tin rattling around the forum! jeje

Last edited by Pepino; 27th August 2007 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Dodgy grammar
Pepino is offline   Reply With Quote