Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > The Rastro > Life, the Universe, and Everything Else

Notices

Old 21st April 2010, 01:28 PM   #1
mightykaboosh
Mega Forero

Default Is Mourinho still classed as The Interpreter?

When Mourinho first came to the Premiership it was like a breath of fresh air, he was so full of himself and could manipulate the press like a pro. He clearly dislikes the Italian league and they clearly dislike him, but will this still be the case if he secures Inter the Champions League for the first time in 50 years?

Mourinho gave a great post match interview, but by the same token so did Pep he really is a class act. Guardiola didn't complain to the press and issued strict orders to his players that they were to speak to no-one. I saw Pique on skysports news and they asked him if the epic coach journey from Barcelona to Milan had played a part in the defeat, he wouldn't be drawn on it and simply said they had been outplayed.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...106418,00.html Is the linesman blind? (sorry Assistant Referee)

I think it's ridiculous that Barcelona were forced to travel by Uefa by coach for the match and that in the return match Inter will fly in, be fresh, primed and ready to go. Martin O'Neil said prior to kick-off that for the reverse fixture Inter should have to undertake the same journey for parity. I agree.

Either way the return match is going to be a cracker!

Come on Mourinho (please go to Man City the Premiership needs you!)
Come on Pep (please take over at my beloved Arsenal)

Last edited by mightykaboosh; 21st April 2010 at 01:51 PM.
mightykaboosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 02:17 PM   #2
Legazpi
Mega Forero

I'm not sure that travelling by bus from Barcelona to Milan is that much of an ordeal on those luxury coaches that teams like Barcelona have these days. It's actually a very pleasant route along the med coastline and then up into the alps, and the French motorways are superb. I imagine it's quicker and more comfortable than travelling from Barcelona to Seville.
Legazpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 04:43 PM   #3
Pippa
GigaForero

I agree with Legazpi. I do not think it is such an ordeal or that it is that far (just under 1000km, all by motorway). And couches tend to be very comfortable.

I wished I had been in one of them instead of the three day journey I have just had coming back from London having to take several trains and been in several queues, including a 3h one in the gare du Nord, in Paris. And I know it has not been as bad as other people have had.

Last edited by Pippa; 21st April 2010 at 04:45 PM.
Pippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2010, 09:07 PM   #4
richardksa
Jedi Forero

Hah! Just today I have travelled by luxury coach from Andalucia to Madrid and I am so stiff I don't want to move off the sofa! They should have flown.
richardksa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2010, 09:54 PM   #5
Pippa
GigaForero

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardksa View Post
Hah! Just today I have travelled by luxury coach from Andalucia to Madrid and I am so stiff I don't want to move off the sofa! They should have flown.
Ejem, ejem... these players are in the twenties and early thirties.

Did you go in class supra or the normal one?
Pippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 12:38 PM   #6
mightykaboosh
Mega Forero

Well Ibrahimovic must have been rigamortis stiff!

The greatest stat I've ever seen...................

He only ran 400 metres more than Victor Valdes (the goalie) in the 62 minutes he played against Inter, what a lazy, lazy ******

Mourinho you truly are a genious, sell Ibrahimovic for £40 million and get Eto for free, plus Hleb for a year- shrewd.

Last edited by mightykaboosh; 24th April 2010 at 01:01 PM.
mightykaboosh is offline   Reply With Quote