Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Spanish Forum > Learning Spanish

Notices

Old 23rd November 2009, 11:20 AM   #1
Ben
Hero Forero

Exclamation Notes in Spanish Gold - Open Now!

Lots of you have been following us over the past week as we prepare for the launch of Notes in Spanish Gold! We are very excited about this, as, at last, we are recording brand-new Spanish audio again, every week!

Notes in Spanish Gold is Open Now!

Do come over and take a look!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 11:51 AM   #2
Edmundo
Forero

How do you expect those of us who are not part of the select clique to decide to subscribe without a sample of what NIS Gold offers in terms of the audio etc?
Edmundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:25 PM   #3
Ben
Hero Forero

Fair Point Edmund - anyone who wants a sample, just contact me. We assumed that the 'sales letter' described what we've done so well, that those of you that already know our real Spanish conversations, would know just what to expect. I've PM'd you re a sample. Please let me know what you think - and again, anyone else that needs a sample first, just let me know.

Last edited by Ben; 23rd November 2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 23rd November 2009, 02:02 PM   #4
eldeano
He's the most tip top

Ben and Marina,

It's simply superb! I am sure you'll get un montón of subscribers.
eldeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 12:31 PM   #5
Jules
Forerito sonriente

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldeano View Post
Ben and Marina,

It's simply superb! I am sure you'll get un montón of subscribers.
Ben: I would suggest one way of achieving that is to have the 'gold' discussion area readable (though not postable to) by all forum members.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 02:03 PM   #6
Ben
Hero Forero

Hi Jules,

There is no gold discussion area in the forum, but there is a comments section for each audio in the Gold members area.

Saludos from Madrid,

Ben
Old 24th November 2009, 08:17 PM   #7
tobyo
Forero Senior

I'm still thinking about this, it does sound great. however, I am saving all my pennies for my trip to Spain next May and yet another monthly expense right now might just put me over the edge

I also have a question about the videos that you have been creating. I find them very helpful so am wondering if us regular folk will still be able to get new video? if they won't be availabe any longer, I may just consider going Gold.
tobyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 08:45 PM   #8
Ben
Hero Forero

Hi, I'm sure the videos will still be public, but we'll probably do some 'gold only' bonus ones too at some point. Not sure yet about that, for now we are focusing on the new audio for Gold. Ben
Old 24th November 2009, 08:55 PM   #9
tobyo
Forero Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Hi, I'm sure the videos will still be public, but we'll probably do some 'gold only' bonus ones too at some point. Not sure yet about that, for now we are focusing on the new audio for Gold. Ben
okey doke, thanks!
tobyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 02:19 AM   #10
Teallele
Novato

Hi,

Not long ago I spent what I considered quite a large sum of money getting the whole collection to date then. I'm still working my way through the beginners section. I don't planning on signing up for gold yet, mostly because of cost, but I am hoping that I'll still get those fun little emails with videos and things. I do feel a bit disappointed that even after spending hundreds of dollars, I'm going to be out of the loop for the new material unless I commit to quite a bit more outlay.

I'm also wondering what will happen if I sign up later - will I have to back pay to get all the original audio, or will I just pick up what you are up to at that stage...?

Cheers,

Sue
Teallele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 09:49 AM   #11
Ben
Hero Forero

HI, don't worry, you'll still get the fun emails and videos And you'll be able to pick up where we are with Gold, and probably get access to some past Gold audio too, don't worry, it'll still be great value when you are ready for us.
Old 25th November 2009, 05:43 PM   #12
jubilee
Mega Forero

Just thought I'd comment on the level as guidance for those considering joining. I read that gold was sort of "advanced" and I consider myself to be barely intermediate, but I find the fist bits of gold relatively easy. The colloquial stuff is always new to me, since I only self-study from the middle of England and don't have opportunity to hear anything live, but if some people are wondering if it will be "too hard", it isn't. If some people are wondering if it is hard enough, perhaps future episodes?
jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 06:59 PM   #13
gary
Samuri Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubilee View Post
Just thought I'd comment on the level as guidance for those considering joining. I read that gold was sort of "advanced" and I consider myself to be barely intermediate, but I find the fist bits of gold relatively easy. The colloquial stuff is always new to me, since I only self-study from the middle of England and don't have opportunity to hear anything live, but if some people are wondering if it will be "too hard", it isn't. If some people are wondering if it is hard enough, perhaps future episodes?
Youre right, it isnt too difficult to understand, but I reckon this is less to do with the difficulty of the language than it is to to with the style of delivery. The language level is, I reckion, pretty well up there for non-technical, conversational everyday Spanish BUUUUT... It is delivered with precise diction and clarity by Marina in her lovely Madrileñan accent and by Ben - for some reason I have always found it easier to pick out what Ben is saying. The pace is relaxed too, which is what experienced teachers and broadcasters do automarically. There are no distractions and B&M are careful to speak in turns. Contrast this to a typical Spanish conversation over a drink and tapas - everyone speaks at 1000kph and they all speak at once - and theres the difference.
I find that the more often you are exposed to "unseen" audio pieces the sharper you get and your vocabulary increases as if by osmosis - I find I know words that I have no recollection of making any effort to learn. Whats more the more you are exposed to someone using the subjunctive the more you get the feel for it (no, I havent masterd it) and you find you are using it without thinking in the right places.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 07:58 PM   #14
Ben
Hero Forero

Thanks Jubilee and Gary. Here's another comment left on the blog on the Gold site, for the first audio, that might help people decide about the level:
Quote:
Fenomenal! Me encanta. Un buen desarrollo!. For me as borderline intermediate/advanced -I can understand quite abit - but there are
some challenging sections to work on.! Great vocabulary and
interesting subject material. Length just right to maintain interest
and I love the discussion format- really useful. NIS Gold is going
to give me something to really focus on each work.
Great.
Old 26th November 2009, 12:56 AM   #15
Acosta
Mega Forero

Congrats Ben,

Guess I have to sign up, is there a 12 step group for your spanish lessons

Cheers
Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 09:01 AM   #16
Ben
Hero Forero