Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Podcast Comments > Notes in Spanish Advanced podcast comments

Notices

Old 9th December 2007, 10:07 PM   #1
cassiopeia
Forero

Default downloading podcasts on Mac

hola!

Does anyone know how i can download podcasts from the website? I'm using a Mac so no right-click "save target as" as the instructions say. I use firefox.

I'd really like to get the old advanced ones that aren't on itunes, as well as the unreleased ones from the worksheet pack thingy i bought, cause i have some long train trips coming up and won't have my computer (and am desperately preparing myself for my trip to spain next week.....eek!!).

hope someone more computer-savvy can help! thanks!
cassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2007, 11:26 PM   #2
Beckett
Mega Forero

Hi Cassiopeia,
I'm a Mac user as well. Normally, just doing a ctrl click (hitting the control key and pressing down the click bar) and then hitting "Save File As..." will do the trick.

Anyway, try the following: Go to the Notes in Spanish podcast you wish to download. Click on the word "download". A new window will open up. Wait for the audio file to completely download. When it is finished, look for the upside down triangle to the right of the navigational bar that appears in the middle of your screen. It is the last triangle to the right. Click on that triangle. If you are using the latest version of QuickTime, there will be a choice between "Save as Source" and "Save as QuickTime Movie." I'm not sure which one is best. You can play around with it and see what happens. Let us know how it goes and if it works.

I'm sure Ben will be by soon to give you some advice as soon as he sees this thread.

Good luck!
Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 12:32 AM   #3
gary
Samuri Forero

Yop - to right click on a mac hold down control then click.

Alternatively get a 2 0r 3 button usb mouse - any old one for a fiver or less - plug it in and use it as if it were a pc mouse - easy!
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 09:50 AM   #4
Ben
Hero Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Yop - to right click on a mac hold down control then click.
That's it - then you should have the 'save target as' option. Let us know if it works!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 03:38 PM   #5
cassiopeia
Forero

oh, the control button to right-click works... i had no idea about this wonderful trick! thank you so much!!
cassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 03:58 PM   #6
greytop
Hero Forero

Aha! So the Apple still needs you to know which button to push
I thought from some of the other threads that it knew these things instinctively
greytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 10:21 PM   #7
Suze
Forero

Default Itunes!

I know the problem has been solved: But the easiest way to do it is via itunes > especialy when you have a mac !
If you install the program on your computer (if apple didn't allready do this for you) you can subscribe to the podcasts from notes in spanish in the itunes -store: the program will download the podcasts automatically when they come out.
Easy as pie !
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote