Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > The Rastro > Geek's Corner

Notices

Old 28th December 2007, 02:19 PM   #1
alanmalarkey
Mega Forero

Default Itunes

I have finally come over to the dark side and bought an Ipod classic. Actually I have been very pleased with this Christmas toy - a great distraction and it seems to work pretty well with Itunes. However, while most of my podcasts download album art for coverflow, sadly NiS is missing - any reason why?
alanmalarkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 03:52 PM   #2
gary
Samuri Forero

You can add your own album art by dragging an appropriate image into the album art window at the bottom l hand corner of the iTunes window
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 09:59 PM   #3
Ben
Hero Forero

Yes, this is an error that is on my 'to do' list and I must sort out asap. I think it is something simple. I'll look into to it over the next week or two (still trying to take some time off!) so the album art should appear soon. Welcome to the dark side
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 10:36 PM   #4
Chiny
Super Forero

Ah, I have been meaning to ask about this for a while... since coverflow in fact. Glad it is to be fixed "soon"
Chiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2007, 10:05 AM   #5
Ben
Hero Forero

OK, I have done a test with the Inpisred Beginners podcast image to see if that will now appear in coverflow - may take a while to update... Let's see what happens! If it works, I'll update the others too asap.
Old 1st January 2008, 11:14 AM   #6
Chiny
Super Forero

Well nothing has happened here I did force my iPod to drop/reload all the series just in case.
Old 16th January 2008, 08:12 AM   #7
Ben
Hero Forero

I have finally worked this out - the latest Inspired Beginners Episode, number 20, has an image attached to it that should appear in iTunes/iPod coverflow. As soon as we upload new Intermediate and Advanced episodes later this month, they should too.

Technology can be most ... tricky at times...
Old 16th January 2008, 09:14 AM   #8
alanmalarkey
Mega Forero

Well done Ben - I am probably a bit on the obsessive compulsive side, so having the complete set is something of a comfort.

BTW i am also hooked on Heroes and set my other fun gadget (humax Hard disc) to capture the episodes while I was away in Perú. It did just that but the programmers fooled me by running the last two episodes consecutively. So i ended up having to find a copy on the net which I eventually managed to do, but probably illegally! Can't wait for series 2 - but maybe there is another thread in this to discuss the rights and wrongs of bit torrent, limewire etc. or even a podcast.

cheers

Alan
alanmalarkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2008, 06:28 PM   #9
Chiny
Super Forero

Yes, that has done it and the album art now appears. Can I be very picky and say I suspect the graphic is slightly undersized (compared to other podcasts). I end up with the album art having a 3D effect, white border.

Curiously, I had previously used a similar graphic, pinched from your web site but without the text and imported that as my album art
Old 18th January 2008, 07:29 AM   #10
Ben
Hero Forero

Actually the 3D effect is deliberate! But I'm going to change the design a tiny bit soon, so it may go.