Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Spain Forum > Spain Travel - Advice and Experiences

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th February 2010, 10:50 AM   #1
la_canadiense
Forero

Default barcelona for a night– how to stay safe?

Hiya! I'm heading to Spain in a week and I will have to spend a night in Barcelona alone as I have an early flight out. As an extremely trusting Canadian, going to a city with a rampant pickpocketing problem is a bit scary. Plus my spanish husband is convinced it's a super dangerous city despite never having been there . But I can't be in Barcelona and not see something! Can anyone tell me how concerned I really should be?

Here's my plan: I'll be there on a Friday night– arriving around 4pm on the train. I was thinking about staying right near the Passeig de Gracia station. Then I can catch the Aerobus from the Plaça de Catalunya from there in the morning (6.30am). I'd like to go for a walk around to see a bit of the city so I want to stay downtown (and I can't afford a proper hotel).

If anyone who knows Barcelona could let me know whether any of this is a bad idea I'd be very grateful. (This is the hostel I'm considering btw: http://www.equity-point.com/en/hoste...ric-point.html).

THANKS!
la_canadiense is offline   Reply With Quote