Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Other Matters > Forum Admin and News

Notices

Old 25th September 2006, 12:32 PM   #1
Ben
Hero Forero

Default Holiday News

Hi,

I mentioned this on the main NFS site, but should have done so here too. We are in the UK this week but will still be popping into the forum every day.

Best bit of the journey out here was seeing the new Terminal 4 at Barajas, bringing Madrid's air travel into the 21st Century at last. The worst bit was then having a 2 hour delay thanks to useless British Airways - Think we'll be back on Easyjet again next time...

One very funny thing we saw at the airport: Having gone through passport control, I suddenly got an urge to look back into the passport-checking policeman's booth to see if he surfed the internet inbetween checking passports (I had noticed this in the past at the other terminal, and thought it was quite funny that the computers were not set up only to be used for official matters). So, I looked back and saw the policeman's computer monitor... was he surfing the net? NO! There was an image on the screen of a rifle muzzle pointing down an empty corridor - He was playing Doom!!! Killing baddies while he waited for the next load of passengers to arrive!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2006, 07:27 PM   #2
Flexichick
Super Forero

Rut roh. I think that means the terrorists are going to win

Hope you both enjoy the vacation!
Flexichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2006, 11:44 PM   #3
guapo
Mega Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
So, I looked back and saw the policeman's computer monitor... was he surfing the net? NO! There was an image on the screen of a rifle muzzle pointing down an empty corridor - He was playing Doom!!! Killing baddies while he waited for the next load of passengers to arrive!
I was expecting you to say he was surfing the notesfromspain forums

Anyway, good job you did not disturb him, he may have turned round and fragg'ed you on the spot (I assume he was armed) - scary stuff
guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2006, 01:00 PM   #4
Brian
Errant in Valencia

Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo View Post
I was expecting you to say he was surfing the notesfromspain forums

Anyway, good job you did not disturb him, he may have turned round and fragg'ed you on the spot (I assume he was armed) - scary stuff
That is quite funny to hear.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote