Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Spain Forum > Spanish culture, life, food, and news

Notices

Old 23rd October 2009, 03:56 AM   #1
SBS
El Yanqui

Default English Books in Spain

Hi,

I have a (hopefully) simple question. Where in Spain might someone find books in English? Are they relatively easy to find? I know ordering online is certainly doable, but is there anywhere in Spain where one can find books in English without going through the hassle of ordering them?

Thanks.
SBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:00 AM   #2
richardksa
Jedi Forero

El Casa de libro has English book sections in many of it's stores - not all though. FNAC has an excellent English book section in its Madrid and Seville branches. (They're the only two I've been to!) El Corte Inglés sells English books in its book shops and even Carrefour has a tiny English book section, but usually for fans of Dan Brown or Mary Higgins Clarke. Plus madrid has quite a few second hand book stores with thousands of titles. Try J and J books and Coffee. They also sell DVDs.
richardksa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:04 AM   #3
greytop
Hero Forero

Where there are lots of expats there are many charity shops selling second hand ones. We have a market stall every Thursday which supports an old peoples' home and a dog rescue service. You take them back when read and they resell them @ €1.50.
For new ones I've mostly found them in the larger department stores or supermarkets, but not a huge choice. They are not cheap!
Amazon (UK) has been my main source and I've had no problems with deliveries. Usually takes about a week.
greytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:31 AM   #4
Talairan
del Sur

I concur with Greytop about Amazon. They normally take no longer than a week, and their delivery charges are reasonable.
Talairan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 07:40 PM   #5
lucy.annabel
Forero

I second FNAC. I was in Alicante's today, and there are a fair number of English books in that one. El Corte Inglés or Casa del Libro may have some, too.
Good luck!
lucy.annabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 02:38 AM   #6
SBS
El Yanqui

Thanks for the responses, everyone.
SBS is offline   Reply With Quote