Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Spain Forum > Spain Travel - Advice and Experiences

Notices

Old 3rd February 2009, 10:15 PM   #1
jgmille
Novato

Default Travel to Spain this March

My wife and I just booked very reasonable plane tickets to Spain the last week of March. We visited Spain in March 2007 and checked out the central region, Madrid, El Escorial, Toledo, Segovia... This time we are planning to venture south to Andalucía. We plan on staying in Seville, Cordoba, and Granada.. We haven't yet committed to any place to stay. Does anyone have any recommendations on sleeping arrangements? We had good luck with the Rick Steve's book last time, but are looking for some unique places to stay. Any other information about what we must see would be great as well. Will anyone else be over there at this time, March 20th - 28th? Thanks.
jgmille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 08:32 AM   #2
sybil4714
Novato

Default Check out Gaucin, Ronda mountains

Its´s a real jewel, perched on a ridge overlkooking a countryside of olives & almonds, the Straits, Gibraltar & Morocco. Coast is 25 mins down the hill. A place to chill out and a walker´s paradise. Go to Gaucin.com for fotos, descriptions, etc., and click on English version.
sybil4714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 12:56 PM   #3
Juanjo
Lorquista

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmille View Post
My wife and I just booked very reasonable plane tickets to Spain the last week of March. We visited Spain in March 2007 and checked out the central region, Madrid, El Escorial, Toledo, Segovia... This time we are planning to venture south to Andalucía. We plan on staying in Seville, Cordoba, and Granada.. We haven't yet committed to any place to stay. Does anyone have any recommendations on sleeping arrangements? We had good luck with the Rick Steve's book last time, but are looking for some unique places to stay. Any other information about what we must see would be great as well. Will anyone else be over there at this time, March 20th - 28th? Thanks.
Benahavis- a tiny village in the foothills just below the San Pedro de Alcántara to Ronda road. Not far from Puerto Banús, Marbella and Estepona beaches and towns Some of the best (and least expensive) restaurants on the Costa del Sol- it boast itself as "El Rincón Gastronómico de la Costa" with some justification.

Sanlucar de Barrameda- typical Spanish town at the mouth of the Guadalquivir from where Columbus started out!)- home of some of the best dry sherry (Manzanilla) bodegas (try "La Gitana", my favourite!) as well as some outstanding fish restaurants on the Embarcadero, good flamenco as well. Easy reach of Sevilla, Jerez and Cádiz. I used to stay in an ancient converted convent in the Old Town.
Juanjo is offline   Reply With Quote