Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > The Rastro > Life, the Universe, and Everything Else

Notices

Old 2nd February 2009, 10:20 AM   #1
parubin
el del espejo

Default RAFA NADAL, FOLK HERO

Anyone want to say anything about yesterday Rafa's epic victory over Federer at Australia's final?

What amazes me more about Rafa Nadal, more than the tennis he plays, is his personality. Someone great is even greater when he/she shows a humble and honest soul. He is nice and polite beyond belief. For someone who is only 22 and has been away from home and school since he was a teenager (or before) it is amazing how he espontaneously knows what to say, how to behave in moments of great tension, in front of thousands.

At the trophy ceremony, right after the game, Federer collapsed in tears and couldnīt barely hold the microphone. Rafa's first words were "Roger, I'm sorry for today, you are the greatest champion I've known and hope to play with you many more times".

Bravo Rafa.
parubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 11:59 AM   #2
ValenciaSon
Hero Forero

Too bad I was distracted by the Superbowl. I would've loved to see that match.
ValenciaSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 12:33 PM   #3
Juanjo
Lorquista

A magnificent match- two giants of the game battling it out with fantastic skill and sportsmanship. Either deserved to win!

Both Rafa and Roger Federer are true sportsmen and, like Tiger Woods, know how to win and lose gracefully.

As such they are good role models for others!.
Juanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 02:02 PM   #4
mightykaboosh
Mega Forero

Rafa's victory was incredible. When you think think just how sore he must have been, you usually get DOMS (delayed onset of muscle soreness) 24-72 hours after intense physical exercise. I can't understand how he did it, his will to win is incomprehensible.

Federers first serve percentage was pitiful I felt sorry for Verdasco, if he'd of played Federer in the Semi he'd have despatched him pronto!

Federer looked a broken man at the end and I think this could signal a shake up at the top, lets not forget that Federer got his request and played all but one match at night.

Well done Rafa you are a star, epic effort, epic result!

Last edited by mightykaboosh; 2nd May 2009 at 01:29 AM.
mightykaboosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 08:15 PM   #5
Cide Hamete Benengeli VII
Super Forero

I didn't see the Australian open, but I was routing for Nadal while watching last year's Wimbeldon finals. He's my new favorite tennis player. On the men's side I really liked Becker and Washington before they retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parubin View Post
Anyone want to say anything about yesterday Rafa's epic victory over Federer at Australia's final? [...] Bravo Rafa.
Cide Hamete Benengeli VII is offline   Reply With Quote