Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Spain Forum > Spain Travel - Advice and Experiences

Notices

Old 24th October 2008, 09:35 PM   #1
carlosthejackal
Loco extranjero...

Default Photo's?

Is there a specific place to put them? Or can we chuck 'em in anywhere?

Just a couple of shots from our last trip earlier this month.

Estacion Maria Zambrano in Malaga.

Lightning storm over Malaga a fortnight ago tonight. Fabulous. Took some catching!

Going through San Andreas on our way up to Pizarra.
carlosthejackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 11:05 PM   #2
gastephen
..es que yo no estoy loco

Nice shot of the lightening! Reminds me of being diverted to Malaga when on the way to Morroco many years ago. Finally got to the destination 24 hours late, but I suppose I did get to witness the most spectacular thunder storm I've ever seen
gastephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 11:07 PM   #3
Edith
Pangolin Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosthejackal View Post
Is there a specific place to put them? Or can we chuck 'em in anywhere?

Just a couple of shots from our last trip earlier this month.

Estacion Maria Zambrano in Malaga.

Lightning storm over Malaga a fortnight ago tonight. Fabulous. Took some catching!

Wow, that is super-cool. Did you use a tripod?
Edith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 11:16 PM   #4
Ben
Hero Forero

Hi Carlos, great pics. You can stick them anywhere, or join in the photo of the week thread too.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2008, 01:42 AM   #5
Cide Hamete Benengeli VII
Super Forero

Holy rayos, Batman! That’s a fantastic foto!
Cide Hamete Benengeli VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2008, 09:54 AM   #6
carlosthejackal
Loco extranjero...

Thanks for all the feedback, it's much appreciated. There's loads more photo's of this trip and many more on my Facebook page, if anyone's interested. The link's in my sig.

As for the lightning photo, it was one of many that I took over a period of about 2 hours. I'll set the scene. We were stopping in Benalmadena/Arroyo de la Miel, and had spent Friday in Malaga as we were meeting friends (teachers) who live there. We spent a long time at the Teatro Romano, which is a wonderfully atmospheric place, but didn't do the Alcazaba,

Gibralfaro or Catedral, as we've been before. We did do the Fundacion Picasso though, which was interesting, made better by the fact that there was an exhibition of Lee Miller's black and white photography on the ground floor. Some cracking prints, so we spent a long time poring over those! My other half's got an eye for a photographic opportunity, so she enjoyed it too!

So anyway, we met up with Simon, dumped our bags at his flat, which, incidentally, is two streets behing the above photo, and disappeared off out! We met up with his partner (who was already larrupped after going out with other friends straight from work!) in the Celtic Cross Irish Bar, which is down a tiny alley close to Plaza de la Constitucion. We ended up going to a Lebanese restaurant, drank an inordinate amount of very nice Lebanese wine and divvied up the bill between five of the six of us, as Gaby, the Argentinian builder was utterly skint. We ended up back at the Irish bar, which was now rammed full with locals, who and there was a quiz on. I couldn't believe it! A Spanish quiz, in an Irish bar, in the middle of Malaga! I even managed to get a few right. Not that I'm thick, but it was noisy and in Spanish! Now, there's no photo's on the night out unfortunately, as I left the camera in Simon's flat. Anyway, we're starting to flag about 1am, just as the city's getting going. So we start to head back, and the rain started. Huge drops of rain were falling, and we just made it past Plaza de Merced before the heavens opened. When we got back to their flat, the girls went to bed, and myself and my host sat on the balcony, swapping manly stories and drinking whisky! We didn't retire until 3am.

The lightning photo was neither on a tripod nor handheld. Instead the camera was placed on the flat balcony rail and held firm with my right hand so it didn't move and the shutter operated with my left hand. 30 - 40 second exposure at f2.8 and then release the shutter, so whatever's happened during that time was captured. A very inexact science, but when you're as drunk as we were at that time, we really didn't care. I was just chufed to have caught this one shot out of the 40 or so exposures I took.

Next morning, I was awake just after 8am, bright as a button. I'm a tad odd. It matter's not what time I went to bed or how much I've had to drink, I'm always up early. I can't lie in. I think it comes from so many years of being up at 6am for work. My body clock hates me. Simon however, looked like death when he dragged himself up as we were leaving at 11am! He says his hangover was horrendous all day. We had exactly the same to drink all night, in fact, I probably had more, and I was fine. Go figure. The panorama from the balcony in the morning was nice!
Old 25th October 2008, 04:34 PM   #7
Margot
ViajeraVerdaderaVirtual

great account......! (and muuuuy bien ilustrado a través de tus palabras y las fotos )

Last edited by Margot; 25th October 2008 at 04:37 PM.
Margot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2008, 06:21 PM   #8
carlosthejackal
Loco extranjero...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margot View Post
great account......! (and muuuuy bien ilustrado a través de tus palabras y las fotos )
Muchas gracias. Hay mucho mas, pero lo siento, no tengo el tiempo o la inclinación!