Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > Spanish Forum > Learning Spanish

Notices

Old 8th May 2007, 12:15 AM   #1
88keys07
Alberto

Default Musica

Even though Ben and Marina have already discussed different types of music. I would like to hear of more spanish artists and bands, especially from spain.

What are your favorite Spanish bands and artists?

Last edited by 88keys07; 9th May 2007 at 05:27 AM.
88keys07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2007, 03:51 PM   #2
ZeroTX
Texan

I like Julieta Venegas, but I'm also quite new to Spanish music. I grew up thinking that "Ranchero" and "Tejano" were what generally represented Spanish music. Now that the world is so much more international, I've found I actually like lots of Spanish music... Just not the ones I had heard before.

Also, it probably goes without saying that I really like Shakira, too. Very unique, cool voice, some absolutely great songs. She kinda reminds me of Alanis Morisette, but higher energy and more variety... and in Spanish (her best stuff is in Spanish).

I don't know that we get much music from Spain here in Texas, as most of our hispanic population (which is substantial and will be a majority in under 10 years) comes from Mexico and other areas of Latin America (increasingly others, particularly Honduras, El Salvador, etc.).

Good luck in your search! Have you tried the Latin section of iTunes?

-Michael
ZeroTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 02:43 AM   #3
djS
4 Doors of Madrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88keys07 View Post
Even though Ben and Marina have already discussed different types of music. I would like to hear of more spanish artists and bands, especially from spain.

What are your favorite Spanish bands and artists?
Will you get to listen to few radio station in spain via the web
los40.com - los 40 Principales canda Dail Maximafm (dance station )
any song just ask and i send to you
djS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 03:09 AM   #4
charisma
Forero

I like this Asturian duo named MUS, electronic/minimalist/"avant-garde" music with vocals in Spanish and Asturian. Their records have been released on the Madrid-based label ACUARELA, but their latest album, LA VIDA, is on Green UFOs.

There's also LA BUENA VIDA from San Sebastian, who are more indie pop, I guess. I don't know if they're still around. And then ASTRUD (and their more electronica project HIDROGENESSE). These guys are from Barcelona.

For more traditional sounds, TOMATITO is one of the best flameco guitarists out there! I especially love the album AGUA DULCE.

A cheesy admission would be ALEJANDRO SANZ, a Madrid-born songwriter (balladeer?) who's fan base is mostly comprised of women. When you hear him, you might see why. His grated voice might take something to get used to, although I do LOVE his collaboration with Shakira, TE LO AGRADEZCO PERO NO, on his latest, EL TREN DE LOS MOMENTOS. This same SANZ is in the video for Shakira's LA TORTURA.
charisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 03:26 AM   #5
Salam
Spain Lover

A mi me gustaria La Oreja De Van Gogh, y David Bisbal, y creo que los dos don de Espana. Y tambien me gusta Juanes que es de colombia, y tambien Shakira. Me gusta Sin Bandera y Justo Lamas tambien. Mana es uno de mis favoritos.
Salam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 10:09 AM   #6
Pepino
Soy La Leche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charisma View Post
A cheesy admission would be ALEJANDRO SANZ, a Madrid-born songwriter (balladeer?) who's fan base is mostly comprised of women. When you hear him, you might see why. His grated voice might take something to get used to, although I do LOVE his collaboration with Shakira, TE LO AGRADEZCO PERO NO, on his latest, EL TREN DE LOS MOMENTOS. This same SANZ is in the video for Shakira's LA TORTURA.
Alejandro Sanz is my ideal cure for insomnia. jeje. The songs of his that I've heard all seem very dull, although someone was telling me the other day that his earlier stuff was much better.

My cheesy admission is that I actually quite like David Bisbal for his voice/songs, but he's a bit off-putting to look at. All those stupid highkicks and the air-punching that he does really gets on my nerves! jeje
Pepino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 04:23 PM   #7
Traci
Forero

Great topic Alberto! I love Latin music, but my favorite is not from Spain. One of my favorite artists is Juanes (Colombian). He has some really cool stuff, "A Dios le Pido" I like, as well as "Fotografia". But he doesn't have any new stuff. He's supposed to be coming out with a new album this year. But what I really like most of all is salsa music (for dancing) and "tropical" latin--bachata, etc. I really like "Que Vuelva" by Raulin Rodriguez and songs by Monchy & Alexandra. Check out the "Tropical" section in itunes Latino, and you'll find some really good stuff. And...since I'm from Texas I have to like Mexicano, a little. I like Pepe Aguilar and Conjunto Primavera.

There is one artist from Spain I just remembered--Rayito. He's a really great flamenco guitarist and "Me Falta" is an awesome song. Go to itunes and listen; I know you'll want to get it!

Traci
Traci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 12:25 AM   #8
Don
Forero Senior

My favorite artists from Spain are, in no particular order, La Oreja de Van Gogh, La 5a Estación, Amaral, Alex Ubago and Alejandro Sanz. I think Sanz takes some getting used to but has a few really good songs. From the Americas I like Ricardo Arjona (one of the best songwriters ever IMO), Enanitos Verdes, Maná, Bacilos, La Ley, Juanes, Elefante, Soraya, Shakira. I could probably think of more, but that'll get you started. Enjoy!

Don
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 07:06 AM   #9
88keys07
Alberto

Wow, gracias para todas las sugerencias. es tiempo para comprar mas música. ja ja
88keys07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2007, 04:59 PM   #10
torres
Forero Senior

Try "Roxette" with the album "Baladas en español". The songs are spanish versions of good old hits from the Swedish band
torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2007, 08:48 PM   #11
ignacio
Novato

pues hay bastantes: bajate canciones o oyelas priemro en youtube de MORODO , LOS DELINQUENTES , MACACO, son parecidos y tan basntante bien, como pasotas y vive la vida

OJOS DE BRUJO q es como flamenco ta bastante bien y bueno CHAMBAO q es del estilo.

LOS PIRATAS, una llamada años 80 , aunque tiene bastantes mas.

un saludo
ignacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2007, 02:22 AM   #12
Lobo Gris
Forero

No Espanol, pero yo amo Shakira y Thalia!
Lobo Gris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2007, 09:19 PM   #13
Ritmo Latino
Forero

De España: Bebe, Ana Laan, The Pinker Tones, Ojos de Brujo, Dhira, La Buena Vida, Diego “El Cigala”

De México: Chetes, Volovan, Liquits, Plastilina Mosh, Kinky, Mexican Institute of Sound, Café Tacabua, Natalia y La Forquetina, El Gran Silencio, Belanova, Fase, Julieta Venegas, La Sonora Dinamita, Los Tigres del Norte, Control Machete, Quiero Club, Ely Guerra, Zoé, Austin TV, the Nortec Collective

De Los Estados Unidos: Los Super Elegantes, Yerba Buena, Arthur Yoria, Los Super Seven, Grupo Fantasma, Maneja Beto, Ozomatli, Pistolera, Spigga, Allá, Pacha Massive, Upground, Mezklah, Los Mocosos, Delux, Quetzal, Akwid, Kevin Johansen & The Nada

Hay mucho más…como Jorge Drexler, Los Fabulosos Cadillacs, Calle 13, y Superaquello.

Wow.
Ritmo Latino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2007, 09:42 PM   #14
djS
4 Doors of Madrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by torres View Post
Try "Roxette" with the album "Baladas en español". The songs are spanish versions of good old hits from the Swedish band
got i get that ablum off you ?
jurdy
djS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2007, 10:07 PM   #15
Suze
Forero

Try Melendi. My poor I-pod doesn't know anything else these days > sin noticias de holanda, is one of his albums. Check out i-tunes or his website www.melendi.tv
He is from Spain, oveido to be precise
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 09:32 PM   #16
Lynda
Forero

Well, I have checked out quite a few new bands from this thread and gained a lot of great new tracks to keep my mind off the task in hand at the gym.... Thanks. I also like Spanish Christian music and recently found a lot on emusic.com to download at about 22p a track. Marcos Barrientos is great, also Danilo Montero Lynda
Lynda is offline   Reply With Quote