Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum Learn REAL Spanish now!  

Go Back   Notes from Spain and Spanish Forum > The Rastro > Geek's Corner

Notices

Old 1st May 2009, 11:10 AM   #1
Franny
Forero

Default copying podcasts to cd

Hi there,
I bought some intermediate worksheets and I´d like to download the podcasts to a cd so that I can listen to them when I´m out and about. However, I´ve no idea how to go about this. Can anyone help me?
Many thanks in advance.
Franny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2009, 12:15 PM   #2
greytop
Hero Forero

It's almost certain you have a CD burning application on your computer. First check that your playback device can reproduce .mp3 files or you may need to convert them to another format.
Windows media player for example has a "BURN" button that guides you through the process. You just drag files into a list.
Have you thought about an mp3 player? Much more convenient - you don't need anything too fancy. You can also add new ones or remove old ones more easily than with a CD.
If you need more specific help you'll need to give some details of your equipment and I'm sure there will be plenty of advice forthcoming!
greytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2009, 12:43 PM   #3
gary
Samuri Forero

Use iTunes (its free for Wondows and Mac) subscribe to the podcasts and they will be automatically downloaded on to your PC/Mac. You then create a Playlist and there is an option to burn your playlist to CD. You get about 5 on a CD burnt as a conventional CD - if your tatget device plays CDs with mp3s you will get considerably more on.

I used to do this for the car but many newer cars have /aux inputs to the CD/radio so you can plug the headphone socket of your mp3 player directly into the car stero

Last edited by gary; 1st May 2009 at 12:46 PM.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2009, 12:46 PM   #4
Franny
Forero

Thank you for that, Greytop. My husband has an MP3 players which came preloaded with a selection of music but he has told me that there´s loads more room on it so I´ll take your advice and use that instead of a CD. Much smaller to carry round too, so now i have no excuse for not studying!
Old 1st May 2009, 12:50 PM   #5
Franny
Forero

Thank you to you too, Gary. It looks like I may have to do both a CD and a copy to the MP3 player, since I don´t think our car cd player has a socket for an MP3.
Every day there´s something new to learn!
Old 1st May 2009, 01:44 PM   #6
richardksa
Jedi Forero

If you don't have the socket in your car, you can connect wirelessly to your car radio using oner of these. I have had a really cheap one for ages and the quality is quite good. Some countries have laws about their use.
richardksa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2009, 12:19 PM   #7
gary
Samuri Forero

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardksa View Post
Some countries have laws about their use.
Yes the UK has... but it is widely ignored - and theres not much chance of getting accused of running a pirate radio station at 70mph with a broadcast radius of 15 metres!!
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2009, 06:54 PM   #8
guapo
Mega Forero

I can't remember for sure but they may now be legal in the UK as well. I used to have one and always found the reception a bit patchy mostly because there weren't many gaps in the FM frequency not already in use by a radio station. I think the newer ones are a bit smarter about finding a free frequency for you to avoid constantly having to retune.
guapo is offline   Reply With Quote